Itunes like App for Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used double twist and it got most of my selected music but for some reason it left out certain tracks out of certain songs. I had to install those manually.

I think if there is an iTunes agent available that's what I would use if I ever have to do it again.

Reaction score
Well iTunes Agent moved the music, but not the playlist. I would need to manually create a playlist on the droid. Boo....

I'm downloading Motorola Medialink now to try. Will let you know.

I've been using double twist, but it's very cumbersome.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Well iTunes Agent moved the music, but not the playlist. I would need to manually create a playlist on the droid. Boo....

I just downloaded it, but for some reason, it didnt place an icon on my desktop, or in the program list. I had to go to the program file itself, but when I double clicked to open the application, nothing happens.. wonderful

dhinged

Reaction score
I am probably the perfect example of someone who wants to sync iTunes to my Droid because I use an iPod nano as well.

Basically I want music on both devices, but audio podcasts on the nano and video podcasts on the Droid. Here is what I've tried:

iTunes Agent: it will sync your playlists to the Droid, but you have to move them into a "Device" playlist in iTunes, meaning you have to duplicate the playlists to get them to sync to your iPod. Adding a new album means you have to add the album to both playlists. Also, the playlists didn't show up right on the Droid, and they show differently using different apps. Not feasible.

I'm using doubleTwist right now to sync both iTunes playlists and download video podcasts. This works great, however, you have to subscribe to podcasts from within doubleTwist, and podcast syncronizing is inconsistent at best, as it doesn't always sync them correctly and doesn't always delete played podcasts. This really is the best choice, but it requires a little more manual work on your end than iTunes does. No other program does what doubleTwist does in one app. Considering they respond to posts in their forums, they probably will continue improving the product based on user feedback.

Also the doubleTwist Android app allows for headphone control, though I've only got it to work properly with a bluetooth headset, and it allows for music to play while a podcast is playing; very annoying, but still there's nothing better out there.

I'm hoping Google Music will bring an iTunes-like experience to your phone, but frankly I don't see why the stock Android "Music" app can't just be like an on-board iTunes that lets you browse, search, and download music and subscribe to podcasts automatically through Wi-Fi. If they're afraid people won't have access to Wi-Fi, then they should just make Google Music the iTunes of Android. It's such a seamless experience it seems like a no-brainer.

meaker

Reaction score
Sorry to say but this is where my Android phone falls short of a Iphone. If Google would come out with a music app for your computer and phone that will sync well with any other music you have on your computer and be able to search for music on your phone too. Then they will be there along with them continuing to make their OS faster.. Also Android music player doesn't play back continuous albums without putting a skip(blank spot) between track. That is very annoying when listening to Dj mix tracks..

tktouch12

Reaction score
i use doubletwist, but i might give itunesagent a try.
doubletwist takes a long time to sync it everytime because it doesnt just add whatever items are new, instead it will re-copy everything over. , but you get all your playlists and it works well

Reaction score
iTunes Agent: it will sync your playlists to the Droid, but you have to move them into a "Device" playlist in iTunes, meaning you have to duplicate the playlists to get them to sync to your iPod.

Yeah I added a test playlist My droid device in iTunes. Then told agent to sync. It moved the music, but it wasn't organized in the playlist name I gave it. And it's a pain to manually create a playlist on the droid.

And this motorola medialink thing is ****. I downloaded the installer and it just keeps running, restarting my machine, and running again. Never actually installs anything. Even gave me a system startup error on one of the restarts. Avoid.

I still have double twist and hwile it can take a while to sync, so far it's the only thing I've found the syncs music AND organizes in a playlist.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say but this is where my Android phone falls short of a Iphone. If Google would come out with a music app for your computer and phone that will sync well with any other music you have on your computer and be able to search for music on your phone too. Then they will be there along with them continuing to make their OS faster.. Also Android music player doesn't play back continuous albums without putting a skip(blank spot) between track. That is very annoying when listening to Dj mix tracks..

Actually, google is planning on releasing its own music service and are going to make an app for android phones. This will be the iTunes/iPhone deal, but for all android phones. This should be out by the end of the year.

EVANGELIONHD

Reaction score

I just downloaded it, but for some reason, it didnt place an icon on my desktop, or in the program list. I had to go to the program file itself, but when I double clicked to open the application, nothing happens.. wonderful

did you reboot your computer??

It opens automatically when you plug your droid with usb, don't forget to mount the sd card... before start syncing.

Reaction score
Well I finally got medialink to download and install. but it didn't download and install any drivers. I opened it up and told it clean and download new drivers. Been stuck there making no progress for about 10 minutes. What a piece of ****.