Unable to play full length songs on Rhapsody...

edthesped

Reaction score
My daughter was trying to sync her MP3 player last night and deauthorized then reauthorized her player because she was having trouble syncing. This morning I get in the car for the daily grind and rhapsody will only play 30s clips. I got to work and rhapsody plays fine from the computer but will not stream anything but 30s clips from the Droid.

Is anyone else having problems streaming full length songs today?

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I AM! I am currently online talking to a Rhapsody Customer Service agent. I will update you on what he says.

adrianna99

Reaction score
rhapsody

Yes I am - I use rhapsody daily and today mine is doing the same 30sec clips -- I hope they fix this fast

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
They are updating the system until tomorrow. It should be okay by tomorrow. I HOPE!!!!

Here is the copy of the chat:
Message.gif
James: Hi, my name is James. How may I help you?
Message.gif
-- : Hi! I have a Droid phone and I have been using the Rhapsody Beta with my Rhapsody To Go subscription. The last few days, it only plays about 30 seconds of all my songs. On the computer, it plays the full songs.
Message.gif
James: Sure, I will do my best to assist you with the information.
Message.gif
-- : Thank you
Message.gif
James: Am I correct in understanding that you are unable to play full length Rhapsody songs in your Droid Phone?
Message.gif
-- : Yes
Message.gif
James: Are you able to login and play full length songs in Rhapsody at your computer?
Message.gif
-- : Yes.
Message.gif
-- : I am on a forum, and apparently, I am not the only Droid user with this issue right now. Just saw another posting.
Message.gif
James: Rhapsody is upgrading our services tonight and unfortunately the issues you are experiencing appear to be connected. I am sorry for the inconvenience and understand your frustration.
Message.gif
James: Our upgrade should be complete by around 9am EST.
Message.gif
-- : Okay, so it may resolve itself by tomorrow?
Message.gif
James: Yes, You can try login and access your Rhapsody account later in your Phone.
Message.gif
-- : Okay. Thanks! It was driving me crazy listening to bits and pieces of all those songs! lol!
Message.gif
James: You are welcome.
Message.gif
James: Sorry for the inconvenience.
Message.gif
James: Is there anything else I can assist you today?
Message.gif
--: If it will work tomorrow, I guess I just have to wait and see. Thanks again! Hopefully, all will be fine tomorrow. ;)

dionna17

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well! Wondering if it's related to the split from Real and Viacom that was announced today!

Timing seems to be a bit too close!

OP
E

edthesped

Reaction score
Rhapsody is now available in the market, however, it force closes every time I try to enter my password. If I enter the wrong password I get a password not recognized error.

Good luck to all

montlyfool

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I downloaded the Rhapsody earlier today and was having the same issues. Also on Rhapsody, you may be able to authorize your phone to be able to sync it to your account. This is different than having Rhapsody beta on your phone. This would allow you to play your music without any connection and the songs would be on your phone. Just have to remember to keep up with the account and sync when needed.

I think this is cool to have. Going to update my playlist.:icon_ banana:

dionna17

Reaction score
I received an email from Rhapsody yesterday with instructions on what to do. The force close problem is a result of not deauthorizing your phone online. You need to log out of the beta app, go to Rhapsody Online, log into My Account, click on Deauthorization and find your phone. Log back into the Android app and you should have no problems logging in.

Unfortunately, it didn't clear up the problem of having only :30 tracks for me. Another email to Rhapsody customer service. This is frustrating!

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
Okay, so I played the game and downloaded the market app, as now required. I tried to login, and it won't let me. The 30 second clips were bad enough, now I can't login at all! It says I have to authorize the device. No problem! I only had one other device authorized, so I tried to do that.

Now, it says I have THREE devices authorized. Two of which were authorized yesterday. I'm thinking it is the Droid. They are not named and I have no other info on them. So, I just DE-authorize them and go about my business, right? NO-O-O! I do that and they pop right back up again. I still can't use my Droid with Rhapsody.

According to the Customer Service chat, they are aware of the problem, and they are working on it. Lovely! I guess I will try Pandora again today. Not thrilled with it right now either. :p I need my music to tolerate spring cleaning.

montlyfool

Reaction score
Rhapsody is working on my phone today. I never authorized it online. I just downloaded it yesterday morning to my phone and was getting the .30 sec clips. This morning it is working just fine. Wonder if it was the upgrade Rhapsody did last night according to the post above.
Not sure, but enjoying it.
Good luck on getting it. Love it.

montlyfool

Reaction score
Okay, so I played the game and downloaded the market app, as now required. I tried to login, and it won't let me. The 30 second clips were bad enough, now I can't login at all! It says I have to authorize the device. No problem! I only had one other device authorized, so I tried to do that.

Now, it says I have THREE devices authorized. Two of which were authorized yesterday. I'm thinking it is the Droid. They are not named and I have no other info on them. So, I just DE-authorize them and go about my business, right? NO-O-O! I do that and they pop right back up again. I still can't use my Droid with Rhapsody.

According to the Customer Service chat, they are aware of the problem, and they are working on it. Lovely! I guess I will try Pandora again today. Not thrilled with it right now either. :p I need my music to tolerate spring cleaning.

You do not need to authorize this device on Rhapsody. You should just be able to log into Rhapsody using your same login as you do online. I would login online and check your account to make sure you have Rhapsody service and try to play any song in your list. Any song on your list should play in full on your computer and on your phone. I would deauthorize your phone online and login with the same login and password on the phone as online.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
Apparently, the new upgrade is requiring authorization. I'll try to use the internet to play music until they fix it.

montlyfool

Reaction score
I never authorized my phone and it is working just fine. Not sure where you heard that you had to authorize it. I already have 3 devices authorized anyway, so not able to add the phone.
No need to.
You only need to authorize it to be able to sync music to it, otherwise, I play them directly from the app on the phone.

OP
E

edthesped

Reaction score
The bigger issue for those of us that use still use mp3 players, or that have kids that still use mp3 players is that the new update uses up all 3 device authorizations. One for the droid that can be deleted and 2 ghost devices that no matter how many times they are deleted reappear in the device list. Presently, no one at Rhapsody is able to rectify the issue.