tired of the droid.

pandaboy50

Reaction score
I am so tired of my droid. The on screen keyboard is horrible. I hate how inaccurate it is. Although I did get used to the pk I don't like that I have to slide it open to send a message every single time. I can't use the phone while I'm laying down because if I do without fail the person I am talking to can not hear me. I hate with a passion that there is no way to end one call if you are in a three way call. Believe it or not I use my droid as a phone. It's a horrible music player. I hope the droid x will be much better than the droid. I might have to go back to the horrible att and get an iphone. :( I do love Verizon though. I pray that they release the iphone to verizon.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This forum offers alot of info to help you get your phone the way you want. And looking at the incredible forum, the same complaints for the droid are posted for the incredible. Being the droid X is an android device it will be very similar to the droid. The battery life will not be the best, you will have to customize your device to the way you want it.
I like my droid, though I am trying to overcome the droid x hype, I plan on keeping my droid until my ne2 is up. I like what I can do with it. If you will look at the off topic thread you will see that it is not all peaches and cream for iphone4 users.

iPirate

Reaction score
sounds like you should have gotten an iphone, then you would have only one major problem, not being able to make calls lol

get head phones for your phone calls that you want to put the phone down.

the music player is fine, i am not sure what all the *****ing about, what more do you want? lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sounds like you should have gotten an iphone, then you would have only one major problem, not being able to make calls lol

the music player is fine, i am not sure what all the *****ing about, what more do you want? lol

actually if he get the i4 he have to hold the phone a certain way to key from interfering with the signal on an already poor 3g network. Oh yeah I feel real good about android right now. I am laughing at the ios4 antenna issues.

iPirate

Reaction score

actually if he get the i4 he have to hold the phone a certain way to key from interfering with the signal on an already poor 3g network. Oh yeah I feel real good about android right now. I am laughing at the ios4 antenna issues.
thats why he would only have one problem, he wouldn't be able to make calls and have problems people not hearing and having a 3 way

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I am so tired of my droid. The on screen keyboard is horrible. I hate how inaccurate it is. Although I did get used to the pk I don't like that I have to slide it open to send a message every single time. I can't use the phone while I'm laying down because if I do without fail the person I am talking to can not hear me. I hate with a passion that there is no way to end one call if you are in a three way call. Believe it or not I use my droid as a phone. It's a horrible music player. I hope the droid x will be much better than the droid. I might have to go back to the horrible att and get an iphone. :( I do love Verizon though. I pray that they release the iphone to verizon.

Sounds like you aren't rooted pandaboy, if you can find a smartphone better than a rooted droid running one of these ridiculously awesome custom roms overclocked like chevy's, Bugless Beast, Sapphire, cyanogen, etc., please can you let all of us here on droidforums.net know OK?

iPirate

Reaction score
have you tried speaker phone? works while laying down... and sitting up and upside down.

Guchi

Reaction score
the virtual keyboard is so much better on the inc than the droid, i even handed it to one of my iphone loving buddies and he was like wow the screen is so much more responsive than on my iphone .The music player on the incredible is way better than droid and has lock screen functions, its no ipod IMHO but what do you want apple has that shiz patented.

eliassami5

Reaction score
There are dozens of different keyboards available that are much better than the stock android one if you had bothered to look. And you are complaining about the slide out keyboard because you have to slide it out every time you wanna type?? Are you kidding me with that?
A simple google search could have yielded you some good keyboards:

HTC IME keyboard
Swype Keyboard
Droid X Multi Touch keyboard
Smart keyboard pro
and many many others from the market

gszeman

Reaction score

Lol..sorry to add to this thread for no useful purpose other than a laugh...but a friend of mine has hers already. We were in a bowling alley and she was holding her phone up trying to get a signal like Chris Farley in Black Sheep!

jgumphress

Reaction score
If your on-screen keyboard is not hitting on spot there is a calibration function under the menu and it works. I thought it was just my fat fingers and was going through every keyboard on the market trying to find one that worked untill I found the calibration. It gives you the Quick-Brown-Fox sentance to type. I've had iCrap, not going back!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
smh...............................another one <sigh>

Twoo

Reaction score
I'm not tired of the Droid per say... I'm just tired of how laggy it is. It's the choppiest phone I've ever owned and 50% of the apps foreclose every time I open them. Granted, 2.0 is still relatively new the Droid was designed over a year ago and visually... the phone has aged well, but the fact I need to root my phone and overload the processor just to make it run properly is downright disgusting.

Whatever makes it debut on Verizon first... Droid Pro or Iphone 4 will be my next phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not tired of the Droid per say... I'm just tired of how laggy it is. It's the choppiest phone I've ever owned and 50% of the apps foreclose every time I open them. Granted, 2.0 is still relatively new the Droid was designed over a year ago and visually... the phone has aged well, but the fact I need to root my phone and overload the processor just to make it run properly is downright disgusting.

Whatever makes it debut on Verizon first... Droid Pro or Iphone 4 will be my next phone.

lol I'll bet this is your first smart phone. Every had a Blackberry Storm?

Hate to tell you this but almost every post I see like this the problem is an uneducated owner. They run task killers, despite the fact that we warn them not to. Virus protection, though it's not needed. Generally most of your problems you create for yourself.

A simple factory data reset out of your privacy section would clean up your phone for you and have it running like a champ.

And don't look for iPhone on Verizon. That's not going to happen.