Selling iPhone 4 and getting Droid X

cpjr

Reaction score
Ok so I got the Droid today and I am very frustrated! They could not get all of my contacts switched over on the droid because the iPhone uses a Microsim however I have all my contacts backed up via Mobile Me. Also another big problem I setup my facebook account on the droid and for some reason it put all those 600 some people I have as friends in my address book! I want this un done ASAP! Also can someone please help me get all of my contacts that I had on the iPhone onto my Droid?

Just do some research and calm down. Facebook contacts is s setting you can change and you can migrate all your mobile me contacts over to gmail and sync them like you did with mobile me to the droid.

OP
C

cjvdh

Reaction score
Okay I got the contact issue straightened out. I think its pretty dumb that if you scroll all the way left your phone and add a social network it will automatically do that and there is no way to change it. Anyways moving on I just went to marketplace and downloaded the facebook app and done. My only problem now is how would I go about adding an exchange account to my phone? Also I know this may sound stupid but how do I change my SMS tone, Email tone, notification tone? can I make all 3 different?

Dustin.

Reaction score
Text Notifications - App Launcher >> Text Messaging >> Menu Key >> Settings >> Notification Settings.

Default Notification Settings - Menu Key >> Settings >> Sound >> Notification Ringtone

Email - App Launcher >> Email/Gmail (Whatever your using) >> Menu Key >> More >> Settings >> Tick "Email Notifications" >> Select Ringtone.

That should help you get everything sounding the way you want it! If you have anymore questions feel free to post here or PM me!

OP
C

cjvdh

Reaction score
Okay sounds good I got pretty much everything figured out I think and I am loving the phone. The only thing I have not quite figured out is how to do the syncing with music and pictures with my Mac this customer service rep I talked to had me download this V Cast manager thing for MAC and it's complicated. If I just wanna do drag and drop which folder do I put them into when I plug the droid in? Also is there anyway to take a screen shot with the Droid? Is there a thread here that people can post there droid home screen? Just to give me ideas of how everyone else has there's setup. So far so good the service is great and the battery is iffy.

Beka27

Reaction score
Changing notifications was definitely a big deal for me. I was getting tired of running for my phone everytime it alerted, only to find it was some stupid email I didn't give a hoot about... lol.

harrellj

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/717-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops.html is screenshots of the various Droid phones. Generally, to take a screenshot, it requires root (don't ask why, its never been answered that I've seen). However, some people have gotten lucky even without root. There is a method to take screenshots by using ADB, though I'm not sure if that is possible with a Mac.

For pictures, you probably already have a DCIM folder on the SD card, you can just put the new pictures into there (and into any subfolders you create if you want). If you don't want to use that folder (its the default picture folder), you can just have a Pictures folder on the SD card and the phone will find them anyways.

For music, same thing, just create a folder named Music (or whatever) and the phone will find the files. If a folder has a file called .nomedia in it, it tells the OS to not scan it for media files (pictures/music), but any other folder is fair game, which is why folder names don't matter.

OP
C

cjvdh

Reaction score
Also is there anyway to add a social network via my Droid X and not have it sync the 1000 some friends I have on facebook? the lady at Verizon told me that's not possible. Also if not then its fine because I downloaded the FB app how can I get push notifications to my phone?

OP
C

cjvdh

Reaction score
Ok so I have pretty much everything setup and I am truly loving the phone. My next problem is going to be the battery issue I know I have been messing around alot setting up my phone but anyone suggest a good extended battery that will allow me to go longer without recharging? Thanks for all the great help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

cjvdh

Reaction score
Also one more there was a message that popped up on my phone about an update or something like that and I pressed download now and when it was finished downloading it asked me if I wanted to install now or later and I selected later because I was in the middle of something so how do I update now?

OP
C

cjvdh

Reaction score
My main problem now is the battery. I am going to call VZW today and see if there is anything they can do for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App