Thunderbolt? Yay or Nay

LadyVanilla

Reaction score
Yes how could I forget the tv and the screen size is great. I can't imagine how I was happy with that small iPhone screen.

LadyVanilla

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Yes how could I forget the tv and the screen size is great. I can't imagine how I was happy with that small iPhone screen.

LadyVanilla

I came very close to getting an i-Phone, but my i-Pad taught me all about the Apple way of doing things.

I will be buying an Android tablet soon. Goodbye forever to i-Tunes and all that silliness.

Reaction score
Because the available methods are very...picky I guess. I'm pretty nervous about it too but, I was the same way when I rooted my D1 and that went fine. Planning on rooting tomorrow dancedroid

Why am I so afraid to root?

I feel like a plumber with a snake.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

Hmmm. I will need somebody to talk me through it. I'm not afraid of hacking a PC to death, but I can't "Brick" a PC.

Guys, I am telling you, the Root is super smooth. All you have to do is get the phone drivers installed properly (If you have HTC Sync installed, then you are all set), then it is a matter of copying and pasting about 50 lines of code, and pressing the power button/volume rocker a couple times. This was my first Root and mine went picture perfect.

Brewski88

Reaction score
I love this thing. My girlfriend and I just bought one. Great speeds, great functionality. The battery isn't the greatest, true, but I always have a cord on me, with my laptop, and I just ordered a couple of universal usb car charges for under 5 bucks at monoprice for only [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3.80

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10826&cs_id=1082602&p_id=6765&seq=1&format=2

[/FONT]

GhostnStuff

Reaction score
And another 8 months for more good stuff and its keeps going on till you die and stuck with D1!

Sent from my R2D2 via DroidForums

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Because the available methods are very...picky I guess. I'm pretty nervous about it too but, I was the same way when I rooted my D1 and that went fine. Planning on rooting tomorrow dancedroid

Hmmm. I will need somebody to talk me through it. I'm not afraid of hacking a PC to death, but I can't "Brick" a PC.

Guys, I am telling you, the Root is super smooth. All you have to do is get the phone drivers installed properly (If you have HTC Sync installed, then you are all set), then it is a matter of copying and pasting about 50 lines of code, and pressing the power button/volume rocker a couple times. This was my first Root and mine went picture perfect.

Thanks, JohnBoy. You gonna help me? :)

Reaction score

Thanks, JohnBoy. You gonna help me? :)

I will send you a PM that will help you get started on the Rooting process. I watched this video and followed it and the rest, as they say, is history.

PS - My phone is now reading 5%, 44 minutes left. Estimated full battery life is 13:51. I am going to create a new Battery Left Profile on Monday, which is my heaviest usage day to see what the difference.

luckman212

Reaction score
Hell the downs/ups are faster than my FIOS router at home!
then I have to ask what the hell is wrong with your FIOS? because here I've got 25M/25M FIOS and on speedtest.net I actually push 30M down, nice steady & consistent with FIOS. On my Tbolt w/ 4G in NYC I never saw >6Mbit and that was in ideal conditions. Typical was more like 2-3mbit down, and around 900-1.5up. Certainly not even CLOSE to fios.

Reaction score
Those looking to Root, there is a 3 Step easy root that has recently been updated and supposedly working now. Look over in the Hacks section of the TBolt threads.

LadyVanilla

Reaction score

LadyVanilla

I came very close to getting an i-Phone, but my i-Pad taught me all about the Apple way of doing things.

I will be buying an Android tablet soon. Goodbye forever to i-Tunes and all that silliness.

Okay so tell me some more about the android tablet if you don't mind.

LadyVanilla

alboboy10

Reaction score

I don't want to root twice...So I was thinking about giving it a little time until an update for the phone comes out so I can install the update, and then root. Also by then there'll be easier ways to root also.

I saw the rooting video, it is a lot of copying and pasting...but still a little nervous to try.

If you brick your phone, is there any way to un-brick it. (if there is such a word)

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

LadyVanilla

Okay so tell me some more about the android tablet if you don't mind.

LadyVanilla

It's just a lot easier to scoot files around from PC to tablet than using i-Tunes. I really don't like i-Tunes.

dakoop

Reaction score
I ordered my TB Friday, can't wait, even though the phone is pissing me off already by arriving late. Two day shipping turned into six somehow.
Hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

Reaction score
I don't want to root twice...So I was thinking about giving it a little time until an update for the phone comes out so I can install the update, and then root. Also by then there'll be easier ways to root also.

I saw the rooting video, it is a lot of copying and pasting...but still a little nervous to try.

If you brick your phone, is there any way to un-brick it. (if there is such a word)

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but in most cases, if you wait a day or two, someone will create a ROM to push to your Rooted phone that will give you any OTA updates. Many times, the Devs actually get leaked software and you can be on Gingerbread before it is available OTA.

Check out the 3-step Root if you are nervous, basically just click a few buttons and let the phone reboot and you are Rooted.

Yes there are ways to unbrick depending on what happens. Just make sure that you have a full charge on the battery and take your time and read the instructions a few times before you do it.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
rooting the tbolt is a piece of cake. I plugged my phone in and the drivers automatically downloaded. Then all I had to do was download the .rar from xda and the updated .exe file. Put the new .exe file in a folder along with all the files from the .rar after you use winrar to extract them.

Then run the .exe file from the folder and follow the instructions from the .pdf file.

Some of the steps needed to be attempted multiple times because it wouldn't take, but eventually everything worked.

Anytime an OTA is released, the developers are usually integrating the changes into their roms. I had my droid 1 rooted for over a year and never missed out on any updates.

I would wait until unrevoked comes out with his one touch root if your not comfortable with it.