Thunderbolt? Yay or Nay

Jac03x

Reaction score
want to get a thunderbolt tomorrow was wondering what everyone is thinking, and experiencing. I am aware of the battery thing, and that kind of sucks, but i am curious if the majority of people are happy. Thanks.

Dyall

Reaction score
A friend of mine has one and he loves it but I am waiting for the bionic reguardless of if I'm able to root or not.

bassic83

Reaction score
A friend of mine has one and he loves it but I am waiting for the bionic reguardless of if I'm able to root or not.

I'm really leaning that way myself...my wife said I should go ahead and get the BlunderBolt, I think it will be more hackable, as we already have root, plus it remains to be seen if we'll be able to do anything at all with the bootloader on the Bionic...sure, we'll get root, but as far as custom ROMs? Hmm...what to do?

leonozug

Reaction score
I would vote nay...I tried one out the other day at Verizon, and seriously my DX with Rubix seems way faster and snappier than the Bolt. I would wait until the whole LTE 4G gets better matched up with a device that can handle the speed and battery drain. But that's just my opinion...:)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I would vote nay...I tried one out the other day at Verizon, and seriously my DX with Rubix seems way faster and snappier than the Bolt. I would wait until the whole LTE 4G gets better matched up with a device that can handle the speed and battery drain. But that's just my opinion...:)
I did a side by side comparison, the TB was quicker than the DX and I was running Rubix's latest rom. That right there had me so I bought the TB.

If/when the bionic comes out and it's even that much better then I'll buy that one and sell the TB.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If/when the bionic comes out and it's even that much better then I'll buy that one and sell the TB.

lol, there's always going to be something coming out better. Heck by the time you learn how to work with your phone there is a new one coming out.

I've got my eyes set on a phone, but it's much later. In the meantime I'm quite happy with my D2.

305rev305

Reaction score
Sense is way faster than motoblur. I had an X and was frustrated. Unless course u go with launcherpro. HTC has theory their thing figured out except the battery problem.

merpaderp

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my bolt. Sense is amazing. Batterys not as much of an issue for me cuz I have a million chargers setup everywhere.

I had my ne2 ready for about 6 months so I was done waiting. I wasn't gonna wait for the newest technology to pop otherwise I'd be dead before I upgraded.

Besides, by the time I need to upgrade from my bolt, quadcore will be live and well.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Droid Forums app.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would vote nay also....With the majority of users whining about the battery it seems like a good device to skip.

Pumaro

Reaction score
I would go and get it, its really a nice phone. Verizon is adding LTE sites quickly and LTE is leaps and bounds faster than any other 4G pretender offered by anyone else, its like having FIOS on your phone.

sent via ThunderBolt

zenman77

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the Thunderbolt. I too have chargers everywhere I go but even so I don't see where the battery life is any worse than the Droid X that I just sold. I'm also glad that I'm locked into a 2 yr. contract with the current data prices. I have'nt heard people (whining) but I have read complaints of battery life.

F

FlyFishinX2

I would say YAY the battery thing is being blown out of proportion , a few little tweaks on the factory settings and you're good. My last charge was 12 hours ago and I'm still at 50 percent. I'm still planning on an extended battery but from what I've been told all smart phones have battery issues when compared to a standard phone..........This phone is awesome and you won't regret buying it !!!

subguy812

Reaction score
I would say YAY the battery thing is being blown out of proportion , a few little tweaks on the factory settings and you're good. My last charge was 12 hours ago and I'm still at 50 percent. I'm still planning on an extended battery but from what I've been told all smart phones have battery issues when compared to a standerd phone..........This phone is awesome and you won't regret buying it !!!

I am with you....People are sooo focused on the battery that they just aren't enjoying their phone.

F

FlyFishinX2

I would say YAY the battery thing is being blown out of proportion , a few little tweaks on the factory settings and you're good. My last charge was 12 hours ago and I'm still at 50 percent. I'm still planning on an extended battery but from what I've been told all smart phones have battery issues when compared to a standerd phone..........This phone is awesome and you won't regret buying it !!!

I am with you....People are sooo focused on the battery that they just aren't enjoying their phone.
I'm suspecting that most people complaining about the battery are ones that think this thing is some sort of gaming module ..It's a damn phone people !!!