can i get another phone if thunderbolt broken?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I asked this a few months ago but am curious about getting a replacement for my thunderbolt. It always gives me problems when it is cold or hot out the touchscreen doesn't function properly for some reason. How can I get a replacement phone? I don't want another phone that does the same thing.
Was thinking maybe the rezound or razr.

geoff5093

Reaction score
How long have you had your Thunderbolt? Did you purchase any extended warranty or insurance?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
since it came out. I got the assurian $7/month plan.

2001400ex

Reaction score
since it came out. I got the assurian $7/month plan.

Just take it into a Verizon store. My proximity sensor went out and I took it in yesterday and a replacement will be here tomorrow. I don't have insurance, just the manufacturers warranty. With insurance you should have no issues getting thunderbolt.

My experience, if you want a different phone, you need to show a history of the phone breaking with a manufacturer's defect. Then you just get the new phone at the contract price early.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I recently got VW to switch me out of a thunderbolt,but they wouldn't give me anything better than a Bionic,which actually had me crawling back to my thunderbolt. I ended up with a stratosphere, which was a decent phone but far slower than the Thunderbolt.
Finally I took my wife's thunderbolt and bought her an iPhone.
So after trying a Bionic and a stratosphere , I ended up back with my Thunderbolt. Now if VW was willing to give me a Rezound or Razor, things may have been different. At the time, both had just been released so they weren't just handing them out. That may be different now.

To get them to switch devices, I explained how I was a 20 year customer,with many lines and had never asked for anything in the past. The tech was really helpful, and I think he really went out of his way to get me the Bionic.

I think I was suffering from a case of "the grass is always greener". It isn't.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
just did it again today. Was using it for about 40 minutes straight. Put it in standby mode then when I went to use it again the Droid figure showed up on screen. Battery was very warm though. Ugh this phone is driving me nutz.

Chukee

Reaction score
After about 7 returns on my thunderbolt a supervisor allowed me to do an early upgrade. I had an entire year left on my 2yr contract. Only phone she wouldnt let me upgrade to was the iphone. Like i wanted that dull phone. I chose the maxx. Have not had to call tech support since.

chubby22

Reaction score
Finally had it with my thunderbolt. The texting would only work in landscape. Did battery pulls, factory resets. Finally they said let's get you out if the thunderbolt. Chose the droid bionic, and and so far I really liking this phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

2001400ex

Reaction score
Finally had it with my thunderbolt. The texting would only work in landscape. Did battery pulls, factory resets. Finally they said let's get you out if the thunderbolt. Chose the droid bionic, and and so far I really liking this phone.

I guess congrats for getting out of the tbolt. Mine is still chugging along great. But I wanted to comment on the bionic. I just upgraded my wife from her DX to the razr maxx. That phone is awesome! Feels great in the hand and battery of course rocks. I assume you checked that phone out prior to making your decision. Why did you decide on the bionic?

chubby22

Reaction score
There was really no one reason why I went with Bionic. Just personal choice.