Thunderbolt vs Droid Bionic

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I want to change my vote to the TB - I have no idea when the Bionic will show up and I can't wait any longer for my share of 4G awesomeness.

droid fetish

Reaction score
I want to change my vote to the TB - I have no idea when the Bionic will show up and I can't wait any longer for my share of 4G awesomeness.
No jumping on the TB band wagon now!!! you made your pick!!! now suffer the consequences!!!! LOL

:icon_ banana:"IPHONE! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKI'N IPHONE!"

DaWolf85

Reaction score
No jumping on the TB band wagon now!!! you made your pick!!! now suffer the consequences!!!! LOL

:icon_ banana:"IPHONE! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKI'N IPHONE!"
But me wants a good phone *snif*

Shusuke028

Reaction score
My Opinion

I'd have to go thunderbolt hands down.. I'm a full fledged phone junkie, and before I had Verizon, i switched phones every 2 months... Only the Droid could have kept me entertained for a full year... now that the year has been up for a couple months, I'm ready for something new

Besides that, from a techy's POV, although the Thunderbolt does not have dual core like the Bionic, there are some main cons against the Bionic in my opinion.

The HTC Thunderbolt, although it only has a single core Snapdragon, it is an updated, modern version of it, so it's not the same processor that's in the EVO. Also, the Thunderbolt has more RAM than the Bionic (although, as I understand, it is DDR instead of DDR2). All in all, I think the Thunderbolt, performance wise isn't that far off from the Bionic than a lot of people think.

Some people think that just because the Bionic is dual core thinks that it is the ALL-END-ALL, and that makes it the best phone ever. That's not the case at all. Dual core mainly has to do when you're multitasking with many apps running at the same time.

Also, for me, the fact that the Bionic has Blur is a major con to me. I've always loved the HTC Sense layout and all of the addons that come with it.

So besides the fact that one phone is dual core and the other isn't; one has more RAM; and one has a different variation of the OS on it, the only other thing that's different is the form factor.

IMHO, although dual cores in Mobile devices (smartphones, not tablets) is a huge deal. Quad Cores are going to be out this fall and these phones we are debating (in a senseful manner) about today are all going to be outdated in the technological world. That's the cycle of today's technologies, whether it's phones, or computers (my specialty :)) dancedroid

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Oh and i forgot to mention the locked bootloader on the Bionic, that's a major con to me.
I'm lovin HTC's openness lol
That is all

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I have an x, but going with the thunderbolt. I cant wait to hear all of you who have voted for the bionic complaining about the locked bootloader! I have called and emailed motorola and told them no more moto phones for me until they start listening to their customers and give us what we want, not what the think we should have!

dancedroid
I have a Nexus S. The unlocked bootloader is nice, but if it wasn't for needing support for connecting to my D1's ad hoc hotspot, I would never have left the stock ROM. Root is enough for me.

The Nexus S is stock and doesn't have to wait forever for updates. The Bionic has Blur and will have to wait for the updates from Motorola. You have much more reason to have an unlocked bootloader with the Bionic than with the Nexus S.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droid fetish

Reaction score
waiting for motorola to unlock the bootloader is like waiting for GM to give away cars for free!!! It isnt going to happen!!!

BlackOtaku

Reaction score
I have an x, but going with the thunderbolt. I cant wait to hear all of you who have voted for the bionic complaining about the locked bootloader! I have called and emailed motorola and told them no more moto phones for me until they start listening to their customers and give us what we want, not what the think we should have!

dancedroid
I have a Nexus S. The unlocked bootloader is nice, but if it wasn't for needing support for connecting to my D1's ad hoc hotspot, I would never have left the stock ROM. Root is enough for me.

The Nexus S is stock and doesn't have to wait forever for updates. The Bionic has Blur and will have to wait for the updates from Motorola. You have much more reason to have an unlocked bootloader with the Bionic than with the Nexus S.

I actually like Blur, and to be honest; I don't mind waiting for OS updates as long as the software is stable. I just like to be able to play with the new OS, and the Nexus is good for that. :)

Diff'rent strokes, for diff'rent folks!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

I actually like Blur, and to be honest; I don't mind waiting for OS updates as long as the software is stable. I just like to be able to play with the new OS, and the Nexus is good for that. :)

Diff'rent strokes, for diff'rent folks!

Wow, you like Blur? You're definitely the exception as most people don't. Whatever works for you though. I like having the newest OS version.

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I have to go Bionic. Can't get another phone until July anyway so why not wait? Problem is, the chances of having 4G coverage in my area by summer are slim to none unless I move to Detroit and that ain't happening. So, do I gamble on the Bionic and pay for non-existent 4G, or stay 3G and get the X2? Decisions, decisions...

champaned_out

Reaction score
Thunderbolt all the way... my upgrade is already available with my last NE2 to burn..
$149.99 for the thunderbolt is looking great right now...

768mb of ram
2nd gen snapdragon processor
and most importantly an UNLOCKED bootloader which makes this phone much much more valuable to me than the bionic

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well...for people not worried about the locked bootloader, which i know is few and far between on this forum, my opinion is that the bionic will prove to be a better phone in the long run.

The TB seems to be a culmination of the single-core generation, and will probably push higher end hardware into mid and subsequently lower end phones.

The Bionic is Moto's baby step into next gen territory.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Well...for people not worried about the locked bootloader, which i know is few and far between on this forum, my opinion is that the bionic will prove to be a better phone in the long run.

The TB seems to be a culmination of the single-core generation, and will probably push higher end hardware into mid and subsequently lower end phones.

The Bionic is Moto's baby step into next gen territory.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

2 "words". Moto Blur. The Bionic will push high end hardware into a unoptimized bloated dual core phone.