Thunderbolt vs Bionic

merpaderp

Reaction score
I'm having 5th thoughts about Bolt cuz I just don't know enough... Someone... please... sabe meh...

Bottom line, is the Bolt gonna be more developer friendly? I can live with the single core for another 2 years (as we all have been doing) if it grants more freedom than the Bionic. I'm banking on the assumption that multi-core platforms won't be completely refined til my contract's up on the phone I'm getting this year.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Another cool feature the atrix had over the inspire for ATT which Im assuming will carry on to Verizon's Bionic and Thunderbolt was the Bionic had a fingerprint scanner. So basically the switch to turn on the phone was fingerprint so you don't need any fancy patterns and stuff for security.

atmcgill97

Reaction score
Here's how I see it: They both have advantages and disadvantages, but they have no differences that are big enough to make one stand out from the other. Either phone would be an awesome one to have, I'm just getting the one that comes out first.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Another cool feature the atrix had over the inspire for ATT which Im assuming will carry on to Verizon's Bionic and Thunderbolt was the Bionic had a fingerprint scanner. So basically the switch to turn on the phone was fingerprint so you don't need any fancy patterns and stuff for security.

There is no Fingerprint Scanner on the Bionic.. I do not care for that feature anyway.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well here is sort a look at what we might expect if the atrix is similar to the bionic and inspire is the tb minus kickstand and front facing camera.

[video=youtube;bf_w_BC-I68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf_w_BC-I68[/video]

[video=youtube;DF6kKc9zcYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6kKc9zcYM&feature=relmfu[/video]

craigboy

Reaction score
well here is sort a look at what we might expect if the atrix is similar to the bionic and inspire is the tb minus kickstand and front facing camera.

They did a really nice job with that comparison. It makes me more confident about picking the TB; the TB is a better phone then the inspire and the atrix is arguably better then the bionic.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf_w_BC-I68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6kKc9zcYM&feature=relmfu

We will have to wait and see for an Optimized Bionic which is suppose to be less Blurless with the updated Blur and with Icecream sandwhich should blow this phone and The Thunderbolt out of the water. Also I heard somethings at my local Verizon store and was wondering did anyone hear it First is that the TB will not be released until April maybe later. Second is that there will be no 1 Year contracts on the TB.. Has anyone heard this? If this is true then I am glad I am going with the Bionic.. To have a single core phone for 2 years is just crazy...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There will be 1 yr contracts for the tb I just checked today but the phone will be almost 400 for a 1 yr deal. As far as less blur ...well the d2 was suppose to have less blur but hey I am willing to see. And the TB will be out before April hopefully.

craigboy

Reaction score

We will have to wait and see for an Optimized Bionic which is suppose to be less Blurless with the updated Blur and with Icecream sandwhich should blow this phone and The Thunderbolt out of the water. Also I heard somethings at my local Verizon store and was wondering did anyone hear it First is that the TB will not be released until April maybe later. Second is that there will be no 1 Year contracts on the TB.. Has anyone heard this? If this is true then I am glad I am going with the Bionic.. To have a single core phone for 2 years is just crazy...

Also I care more about customization and actual usability then test scores and I think the TB will blow the bionic away in both of these categories.

There are multiple sources saying it is coming next Thursday and I have not heard anything about no one year contracts. (Although I haven't looked since I'm paying retail)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Also I care more about customization and actual usability then test scores and I think the TB will blow the bionic away in both of these categories.

There are multiple sources saying it is coming next Thursday and I have not heard anything about no one year contracts. (Although I haven't looked since I'm paying retail)

Again There is no official release date yet!!! 2 The Bionic was not optimized during the quadrant test. Yes TB will have great scores against an phone not optimized.. We will have to see what an Optimized Bionic put up...

atmcgill97

Reaction score
There will be 1 yr contracts for the tb I just checked today but the phone will be almost 400 for a 1 yr deal. As far as less blur ...well the d2 was suppose to have less blur but hey I am willing to see. And the TB will be out before April hopefully.

REALLY, verizon picked you, out of the 7 billion people in the world, to tell the price of 1 year contracts. Who did you check with, a teenager who works at Bestbuy?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

REALLY, verizon picked you, out of the 7 billion people in the world, to tell the price of 1 year contracts. Who did you check with, a teenager who works at Bestbuy?

Actually I walked into a verizon store and asked the nice lady behind the counter. She was so nice and she just gave me a ball park based on the figures they had in their computer.

craigboy

Reaction score

Again There is no official release date yet!!! 2 The Bionic was not optimized during the quadrant test. Yes TB will have great scores against an phone not optimized.. We will have to see what an Optimized Bionic put up...

In reality I think they will both be very nice phones. You are also correct that once the Bionic is running on 2.4 or which ever version of Android truly is optimized for duel core it will put up great scores.

Personally I think the TB will be a better user experience and more fun for me, since I care about playing with new ROM's then playing games, certainly at least for the next 6-9 months until the Bionic gets 2.4. I also plan on selling my TB next holiday season when my contract is up and will seriously look at jumping to the next generation of Nexus phone (which I'm hoping will be awesome). So for me it's a pretty easy choice.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I look at what the xoom can do. Playing with it at bb I noticed how fast it was. If the atrix was vanilla android no phone out would touch it imo.