Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
PS I don't think the extra RAM should be underestimated.

512MB DDR Faster then 768MB.. But I am not sleeping on the Thunderbolt it is a nice phone. I will Have the Bionic with HTC Sense on it Thanks to Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets!!!

craigboy

Reaction score
I look at what the xoom can do. Playing with it at bb I noticed how fast it was. If the atrix was vanilla android no phone out would touch it imo.

Nexus 3 running 3.1? dancedroid

PS I don't think the extra RAM should be underestimated.

512MB DDR Faster then 768MB.. But I am not sleeping on the Thunderbolt it is a nice phone. I will Have the Bionic with HTC Sense on it Thanks to Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets!!!

I'm running that right now so I can't knock it.

blix

Reaction score
Could someone help clear up a few things?

For the FM tuner, I was under the assumption (because it is called a tuner) that it only receives FM, but there was a post in this discussion mentioning something about using it in your car, so would this actually be an FM transmitter? An FM tuner is no big deal for me, but a transmitter is huge. I work on my house and in my garage alot, and it would be great to just have this thing in my pocket transmitting FM so that whenever I walk into a room (which every room would have its respective sounds system tuned to my FM channel) it would automatically be playing my music. Hell yeah. Same goes for work, my lab is spread out between 5 different rooms, each with their own stereo. And since I am all about the music......

I have never seen any info on the Bionic having any FM capability but everyone here seems to think it will. Is this simply conjecture? And conjecture or not, are we talking transmitting FM?

I'm going to wait for a few months before I get a new phone anyway, so release date is not a big deal. Although I have seen a few spy photos of a "D3". I really like the physical keyboard on my D1 so I would love it if they do come out with a D3. Has anyone heard about this?
Thanks!

evereddie

Reaction score
From what I get from reading the post and what i would think is possible in a phone, it only has an FM Tuner. Point being using line out (or actually headphone out) it can then feed into your car stereo and play FM, Mp3, and any streaming media it can access.

blix

Reaction score
Well then that would be no different that any phone with a headphone jack. which is to say, any phone!

It is possible to have an FM transmitter in a phone, and I beleive it has been done before in the Nokia N80 or whatever that one was.

Another reason this is so big for me is for my cars, yes. All 11 of them. But just wiring in an FM transmitter to the stereo so I can plug in my phone or getting a head unit with inputs may work for you mere mortals and your "I only have one car" philosophy, but it's a bit more complicated when you have to do this to 11. I have enough to do already. And with the 3 cars that I have already done this to they only last a month before the cable goes bad because my kid won't stop yanking on the dang things, and the hippies get pissed when I "discourage" him with an iron pipe*.

*DISCLAIMER: I do not use an iron pipe on my kid, nothing hollow for him!

loophole

Reaction score
Wait for Bionic of is TB worth it?

Just curious what peoples thoughts were. I'm coming from a D1 and would really like to get a newer, nicer phone. Was planning on waiting for the bionic with its tegra2 and dual core processor. But not sure when that will be out. Is the TB more less a EVO phone all over again? Just curious from buyers. Is the TB worth its price tag or is it really just a shiner android device with basically the same os just a smaller screen then D1?

DJStormX

Reaction score
Just curious what peoples thoughts were. I'm coming from a D1 and would really like to get a newer, nicer phone. Was planning on waiting for the bionic with its tegra2 and dual core processor. But not sure when that will be out. Is the TB more less a EVO phone all over again? Just curious from buyers. Is the TB worth its price tag or is it really just a shiner android device with basically the same os just a smaller screen then D1?

Depends if you want to customize ur phone or not. Bionic will have a vey hard locked bootloader from what i read so it may be months before they crack it for root if thats even possible. Thunderbolt has only taken a couple days to crack :) So it all depends on what u wanna do to the phone. If you like stock then go ahead and wait for Bionic or if ur a hacker i suggest something other than Motorola phones :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread merge, we've had a number of these threads please search before starting a new one.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Depends if you want to customize ur phone or not. Bionic will have a vey hard locked bootloader from what i read so it may be months before they crack it for root if thats even possible. Thunderbolt has only taken a couple days to crack :) So it all depends on what u wanna do to the phone. If you like stock then go ahead and wait for Bionic or if ur a hacker i suggest something other than Motorola phones :(

+1

Coming off a OG droid with an unlocked bootloader would be very hard in my opinion if you like to flash roms. T-bolt's bootloader is open, Bionic's will be like every other moto phone and be locked.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

MickyFicky

Reaction score
I suspect the bionic will have better battery life. My droid X battery life is pretty good.

xxraffyxx

Reaction score
but thunderbolt has a kick stand....... Honestly I want that. I watch alot of media on my devices.