Theming/clockwork error

Reaction score
Is anyone having any issues theming with the wizardry?

It has been hanging when it says "magic happening"...

And when it does get past that stage clockwork says the update .zip is bad

I did a restore to version 1.0 and tried it there and it was functioning

I redownloaded 1.1 and the gapps again and installed again but I'm still having the issue.

Any suggestions I could be missing something ...but what?

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

listenman20

Reaction score
i've switched themes atleast 4 times today without one glitch....i will admit tho i've been on wifi connection each time...only thing i can think of is you're getting a truncated file due to being on 3g....and you haven't said that you were on 3g...i'm just making assumptions

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've done 2 on 3g with no issues.
try clearing rom manager download cache.

OP
tat2dwitetrash
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Ok so I switched to wifi and it went without a hitch

But let me pick your brain a bit further

Occasionally I get bad dl's through my browser and I go to preferences in Astro file manager and tell it to allow browser downloads ..and then I don't have a problem...

Soooo when I switched back to 3G to check the wizard I did this same step before I ran a new theme through and it was fine

My question(finally) is ..could that preference in astro, change whether or not sourcery wizard, could get a good dl of the theme?

listenman20

Reaction score
well i suppose there would have to be further testing but it sounds like it is that way atleast for you.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Sometimes if they are fixing a file or a theme you will get a bad download. For example, I was switching themes in v1.0 and at the same time Gflam was editing that theme. So when I downloaded is was not a complete file since he was add/removing stuff. Not saying that this is the case for you but it's a thought.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sometimes if they are fixing a file or a theme you will get a bad download. For example, I was switching themes in v1.0 and at the same time Gflam was editing that theme. So when I downloaded is was not a complete file since he was add/removing stuff. Not saying that this is the case for you but it's a thought.

That is true that if I update an app say for instance when I update the market and I stick it in the zip the file will need a few seconds to update on the server and if u download during that small window of time that will happen however I haven't touched any of the themes for v1.1
Sometimes when ur connection isn't great u will get this it seems I always have 3g and good signal strength and have not had a bad download yet so maybe ur signal wasn't good?

OP
tat2dwitetrash
Reaction score
Part of my problem was me being a bit impatient and not letting it do its thing. But its definitely faster on wifi

Btw gflam, I'm loving the Magic!
Keep up the excellent work