Should themes and alternate apps be on SDcard?

R_Andersen

Reaction score
I'm coming back to Froyo after some frustration with a few GB rims and want to try sourcery. I wiped/formatted everything and then installed 2.0, then 2.2, then Gapps and rebooted and it runs fine, but I can't use any of the commands to change themes or switch keyboards from the magic menus. When I run the change from the menus terminal emulator comes up and I see a 'not found' error each time.

Should the different apk's and theme packages have been installed to the sdcard when I installed the ROM? If so, they are missing and I'm wondering how I can get a copy?

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
It sounds like you need to reflash version 2.2
In version 2.0 the links to download the themes are wrong and version 2.2 corrects that.
Go to Menu > About Phone > Built Version to make sure but that is what it sounds like.
Let me know how it works.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
chizzle

if i took any money for this rom id put you on he payroll :)
this weekened i will download those and build one working rom for you . well try to get a hold of gflam and get it on rommanger and the website also. im set up in the motorhome now. so ill get this done. also anyone know of cool apps we can put into the experimental apps let me know and ill throw those up too if i can.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Glad to hear you are all settled in. As much as i like the payroll offer the best compensation i could imagine is some more magic :)
How are things on the g2x?

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
A few apps i can suggest:

Alarm Clock Xtreme Free (fully featured and solves the background issue)
Amazon Appstore
Voice Recorder (Free)

Let me know if you need help with testing dancedroid

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
g2x

Glad to hear you are all settled in. As much as i like the payroll offer the best compensation i could imagine is some more magic :)
How are things on the g2x?

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

well this one has great reception but has horrible backbleed and random reboots :) those were the 2 things i didnt have with the first one. so going to get number 3 tommorow :) hopefully it will be good so i can root it :)
although im looking for confimation of a locked bootloader on the droid x2 if its not than i might think about that.