[THEME] REVOution for CM6 RC3

Benny879

Reaction score
[THEME] REVOution for CM6 6.0 (Stable)

This is a port of Manup's REVOution theme for the HTC Evo. All .apk's have been zip-aligned and optimized.

Original theme thread: [THEME] 8/11/2010 Manup456 The EVO Collection 2.2 UPDATED =)

Highlights

- Built for CyanogenMod 6.0 (stable)
- HTC Sense style icons for Google Apps
- Modified framework-res.apk
- Green progress bars
- Completely transparent notification bar including item boxes
- Added Manup456's REVOution wallpaper pack to Launcher2.apk (accessible through the default wallpaper menu)
- Themed Facebook 1.3.2
- Themed Twitter 1.0.3
- Evolution font package built in
- Removed "EVO" tagging from status bar pulldown and replaced with "DroidNotifications"
- Fixed Music Widget issues that RC3 version of this theme was having
- Added link for themed LauncherPro

v2 Update (9/5/10)

- Fixed Music Player force closing and lockscreen music controls
- Fixed Bluetooth icon while on phone call
- Updated Google Search Widget
- Added themed SMS Popup app

Download: CM6_REVOlution_v2.zip

I removed Launcher2.apk from this theme because it was giving alot of people issues due to running out of space on the /system partition. If you want a themed Launcher2.apk let me know. If I get enough requests I'll add it as a separate download.

Installation: Clockwork or SPRecovery (rename to update.zip for SPRecovery)
Notification bar color template: cmparts_ui.xml (Place on SDCard and install through CyanogenMod Settings by restoring through XML tools)

Optional Font packages (Install with Clockwork Recovery ONLY)

Stock font package flash this .zip --> Default_Fonts.zip
Evolution font package flash this .zip --> Evolution_Font.zip
Kangerade (NexTheme) font package flash this .zip --> Kanged_Fonts.zip
Dark Edge font package flash this .zip --> DarkEdge_Fonts.zip

Add-ons

Bonus Apps with transparent widgets

Flash the following .zip to add these apps to your phone modified with transparent widget backgrounds (credit goes to Manup456)

Smooth_Calendar
Last_Call_Widget
Music_MOD_v1.8
Forcast_Yr-1

Download: Evolution_Apps.zip

Themed htc_ime keyboard

Download: HTC_IME_themed_by_gIMpsSTa.apk
Extract .apk from .zip and install with a file manager as you would any other app. Change keyboard settings to enable HTC_IME.

screenshot_42.png

Themed LauncherPro

I created a modified version of LauncherPro to go with this theme. All Plus widgets are themed to match all other widgets. The trash can icon has also been upgraded. I am aware that this app is updated weekly. When a new update is released by Fede, I will theme it that same night and post it as a small update.zip on this thread. If you update through the market you will lose theming of the Launcher. Uninstall LauncherPro from your phone before adding this modified version.

Download: LauncherPro-0.8.1.0.apk

LauncherPro2.png
Trashcan.png

Alot of people are asking about the LauncherPro dock that I have pictured. I'm posting a file that has both the dock background and the text icons that Manup designed for this theme. Use whatever shortcut you want and just match the word icon up with what best describes what your doing.

Evolution_Dock.zip --> This is NOT flashable through recovery. This .zip contains icons and a background dock image that needs to be applied through the LauncherPro preferences.

Dock.png

Theme Pictures

Screen1.png
Screen2.png
Screen3.png
Screen4.png
v3_Preview.png
Menu1.png

Donate if you like my ports! Money will goto a new phone.

Last edited:
OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
REVOlution Remix

So I saw a new theme for the Nexus One that was very similar to the REVOlution theme and decided to mix them together to create this "Remix" version. Credit goes to Manup456 and m00moo from the XDA Forums for creating the theme images. I also created a few originals myself.

Whats different from the original?

- Enhanced widget backgrounds
- New clock widget
- New Dock Icons
- "Remixed" notification pull down
- Lock screen
- more to come....

v2 Update (9/5/10)
- Fixed Bluetooth icon while on call
- Fixed Music widget force closing and music controls on lockscreen
- Updated Google Search Widget
- Added themed version of SMS Popup app

Download: CM6_REVOlution_Remix_v2.zip
(Yes you can install over REVOlution without wiping)

Dock Icons + Background for use with LauncherPro or Bettercut: REVOlution_Remix_Dock.zip

Pictures

screen1.png
screen2.png
lockscreen.png
notification%20bar.png

Don't forget to hide your carrier tag!!

Donate if you like my ports! Money will goto a new phone.

Last edited:

millbean

Reaction score
Can't get it to work through clockwork
. Says its been updated, then when I reboot its stock theme

OP
Benny879

Benny879

Reaction score
Can't get it to work through clockwork
. Says its been updated, then when I reboot its stock theme

For those of you having problems installing, make sure you have enough free space available in your /system partition. I noticed that RC3 takes up ALOT of memory if you install the GAPPS add-on. Remove any unnecessary .apk's from that partition before installing this theme. I recommend removing apps such as 'maps' that you can install from the market. If you're still having problems, then I updated the OP with a new download that does not include the Launcher2.apk file which is 10 MB smaller and SHOULD install fine for you even with low space available.

Last edited:

killher

Reaction score
thanks for porting this over. this theme is the largest reason why ive stayed with lithium mod. problem free on this end.

illmatic636

Reaction score
mirror

Anyone have a mirror fort this. Mediafire is acting up. Stuck on the processing request message. No download

oh And thanks in advance.

Eggathis

Reaction score
mediafire still being crazy, anyone got any mirror links yet? thanks

classicdj

Reaction score
Anybody have a problem with the music app?? I installed RC3 w/o problems, ran CM music app no prob, then in installed this theme. Now i get f/c evertime i try and play a song. To test this I reinstalled RC3 music ran fine. then I installed theme Same issue.

Here is the logcat:

Code:
[SIZE=1][SIZE=2]I/ActivityManager( 1128): Starting activity: Intent { flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.android.music/.MusicBrowserActivity bnds=[138,246][325,368] }

I/ActivityManager( 1128): Start proc com.android.music for activity com.android.music/.MusicBrowserActivity: pid=2072 uid=10026 gids={3003, 1015}

W/ResourceType( 1128): Skipping entry 0x7f040007 in package table 0 because it is not complex!

W/ResourceType( 1128): Skipping entry 0x7f040008 in package table 0 because it is not complex!

I/ActivityManager( 1128): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.PICK dat= typ=vnd.android.cursor.dir/album flg=0x4000000 cmp=com.android.music/.AlbumBrowserActivity (has extras) }

I/AudioService( 1128):   Remote Control   registerMediaButtonEventReceiver() for ComponentInfo{com.android.music/com.android.music.MediaButtonIntentReceiver}

D/MediaPlaybackService( 2072): restored queue, currently at position 27924/322173 (requested 27924)

D/dalvikvm( 1215): GC_EXPLICIT freed 12100 objects / 757016 bytes in 137ms

I/EventLogService( 1764): Aggregate from 1281978843429 (log), 1281977279347 (data)

D/dalvikvm( 2072): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 2358 objects / 153088 bytes in 51ms

I/ActivityManager( 1128): Displayed activity com.android.music/.AlbumBrowserActivity: 1565 ms (total 2267 ms)

I/dalvikvm( 1764): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192

I/ActivityManager( 1128): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.android.music/.MediaPlaybackActivity }

D/AndroidRuntime( 2072): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 2072): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d7e8)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.music/com.android.music.MediaPlaybackActivity}: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: File res/raw/music from drawable resource ID #0x7f050000

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2663)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2679)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2300(ActivityThread.java:125)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2033)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072): Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: File res/raw/music from drawable resource ID #0x7f050000

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.content.res.Resources.openRawResource(Resources.java:865)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.content.res.Resources.openRawResource(Resources.java:841)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.gesture.GestureLibraries$ResourceGestureLibrary.load(GestureLibraries.java:130)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at com.android.music.MediaPlaybackActivity.onCreate(MediaPlaybackActivity.java:126)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2627)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     ... 11 more

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072): Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: res/raw/music

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.content.res.AssetManager.openNonAssetNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.content.res.AssetManager.openNonAsset(AssetManager.java:405)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     at android.content.res.Resources.openRawResource(Resources.java:862)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2072):     ... 16 more

W/ActivityManager( 1128):   Force finishing activity com.android.music/.MediaPlaybackActivity

W/ActivityManager( 1128):   Force finishing activity com.android.music/.AlbumBrowserActivity

W/AudioFlinger( 1028): write blocked for 596 msecs, 3 delayed writes, thread 0x11f80

W/ActivityManager( 1128): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{46447e08 com.android.music/.MediaPlaybackActivity}

W/ResourceType( 1128): Skipping entry 0x7f040006 in package table 0 because it is not complex!

W/ResourceType( 1128): Skipping entry 0x7f040005 in package table 0 because it is not complex!

I/Process ( 2072): Sending signal. PID: 2072 SIG: 9

I/ActivityManager( 1128): Process com.android.music (pid 2072) has died.

W/ActivityManager( 1128): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.music/.MediaPlaybackService in 5000ms

I/WindowManager( 1128): WIN DEATH: Window{46590868 com.android.music/com.android.music.AlbumBrowserActivity paused=true}
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Edit: Just A heads up reinstalling the CM stock app fixes the problem but you lose the theme on the widget!

Last edited:

Eggathis

Reaction score
Yeah, same problem here... songs start but fc window pops up instantly too

Edit: install the evolution_apps.zip and play through musicmod, fixes the fc issue

Last edited:

classicdj

Reaction score
Yeah, same problem here... songs start but fc window pops up instantly too

Yea it was driving me crazy but you can delete the music.apk using root explorer or app like that. Then you adb install stock apk again, just pull it from the RC3 zip.

KXMc

Reaction score
Link?

Mediafire still not downloading this... Has anyone got a different download link? Thanks in advance!

Ken!

classicdj

Reaction score
Mediafire still not downloading this... Has anyone got a different download link? Thanks in advance!

Ken!

You can d/l the no launcher ver that link still works. It's also the same one I used.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for porting this. Main reason for holding off switching from BB.4 to this was the Revolution theme :D

EDIT: How do you uninstall the apps like Amazon MP3 and such? I totally forgot

Last edited:

classicdj

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for porting this. Main reason for holding off switching from BB.4 to this was the Revolution theme :D

EDIT: How do you uninstall the apps like Amazon MP3 and such? I totally forgot

Use root explorer or a app similar to it. Then delete them from /system/app. What I want to know though is, what is that battery widget under the search box.