[Theme] REVOlution for Droid X

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
This is a port of Manup456's REVOlution for the Motorola Droid X. It is meant to be run on deodexed Froyo Android 2.2.

If you are running Froyo, but not deodexed, consult these threads:

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - [HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

Droid-X Clockwork Recovery image. Deodexed Rooted, Froyo'd - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - Droid-X Clockwork Recovery image. Deodexed Rooted, Froyo'd - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong in this process - Though with the SBF file now, it is almost impossible to brick a Droid X.

Downloads

REVOlution Theme: Fabolous_REVOlution_Froyo_DX.zip

REVOlution Font: Evolution_Font.zip

NexTheme Font: NexFonts.zip

Default Fonts: Stock_Fonts_Froyo_DX.zip

Goodies Package (wallpapers, dock icons, etc): REVOlution_Goodies.zip

*Note: the goodies package is NOT to be installed w/ Clockwork recovery. Just unzip it with your computer or ASTRO and the folders have the pictures in them.

Installation

Requirements: Rooted, Deodexed Froyo, Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper

1. Download file(s) and place the .zip files on the root of your sd card
2. Reboot into Clockwork recovery
3. Install .zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard
4. Install REVOlution (and customizations if you wish).

Note: If installing custom fonts, install REVOlution first, then apply patches.

5. Enjoy your new theme!

Screenshots

revolock.png
revodroidx.png

revonotify.png
revowidgets.png

For even more info, check out the original REVOlution thread here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [THEME] 8/9/2010 Manup456 The EVO Collection 2.2 UPDATED =)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Included

-Themed framework
-Apps themed: alarm clock, gmail, settings, music, youtube
-Goodies: LauncherPro icons/docks, Wallpapers
-Installable apps (themed): Facebook, Twitter

*thanks to Benny879 for the themed Facebook & Twitter!

Get back to stock

Those looking to get back to stock can use this file:

Back_to_stock.zip

There are extra apps in the MM on purpose, since you can use this with other themes as well (and possibly more things will be themed in future releases of NexTheme)

Use the same instructions as installing this theme.

parm289

Reaction score
Just installed this (had your NexTheme installed before), and it's a great theme, thanks!

Two things:
I know the theme is designed this way, but I can't help but notice the "EVONOTIFICATIONS" text at the bottom of the notification drawer. I don't know if you are editing the images or just repackaging them for the X, but is there any chance of changing the text to something more X-related, like "DROIDXNOTIFICATIONS"?

And a general question, to anyone really: How would I go about using the included LP icons in my ADW dock?

motorhaith

Reaction score
hey question... looking at the screenshots, what is the launcher the op is currently using? is that a different launcher? I mean because its not the the same oem 3 button launcher that comes stock...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
DAMN IT FABOLOUS, I just flashed NexTheme and now I want this one! I guess I'll keep NexTheme for a while. I like the Monochrome style of this one but the "EVO" parts I could do without. That is in no way being negative towards you, you are just porting, I know this. Thanks for the port!
hey question... looking at the screenshots, what is the launcher the op is currently using? is that a different launcher? I mean because its not the the same oem 3 button launcher that comes stock...
It is most likely LauncherPro because you can change all the icons. That or maybe ADW.

motorhaith

Reaction score
DAMN IT FABOLOUS, I just flashed NexTheme and now I want this one! I guess I'll keep NexTheme for a while. I like the Monochrome style of this one but the "EVO" parts I could do without. That is in no way being negative towards you, you are just porting, I know this. Thanks for the port!
It is most likely LauncherPro because you can change all the icons. That or maybe ADW.

i just got the launcher pro but it doesnt allow me to change the 5 buttons on the bottom screen? am i missing something? i want to change it like the screenshots... help please?

justreboot

Reaction score

i just got the launcher pro but it doesnt allow me to change the 5 buttons on the bottom screen? am i missing something? i want to change it like the screenshots... help please?

Most likely using a theme - seen it floating around check the launcher pro forums...

mark729

Reaction score

you long tab the one of 5 button and it will show you 'Edit dock shorcut' then tab the change icon and tab again custome icon.

motorhaith

Reaction score

you long tab the one of 5 button and it will show you 'Edit dock shorcut' then tab the change icon and tab again custome icon.

thanks so much! found it and changed the shortcuts and the icons for the shortcuts!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
So since this replaces the whole frameworks and services, I should be able to install it on my already-themed phone right?

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Yes, you should have no problems installing over another theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

soba1

Reaction score
Question About This Step

Extract the contents of the 'goodies' folder onto the root of your sdcard (/sdcard)

Does this mean just the directories within, or do I have to extract each and every item in each directory. Thanks.
I am happier than a hog in slop though. At least I havea black notification bar..... :icon_ banana:
Thanks for the work Fab