[Theme] CM 6.1 RC5 NexTheme

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I dL RC5 from Rom Manager but I hate the stock theme. I see that you say that the link is for PC. Can I dl it straight to my phone?

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I dL RC5 from Rom Manager but I hate the stock theme. I see that you say that the link is for PC. Can I dl it straight to my phone?

You forgot the part "download full theme using PC only since folks have problems downloading via Phone browser" lol ... you can try if you want... good luck

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I saw that but didn't read the whole Thread. Thought maybe something had been posted about it. Thx though.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I saw that but didn't read the whole Thread. Thought maybe something had been posted about it. Thx though.

Just something I have noticed around different threads folks ending up with corrupted downloads that way so generally speaking your better off using a pc to download from that link. Give it a shot. Back up first! :) And do read the entire OP...

bmking24

Reaction score
question

hi, i am kinda new to all this romming and such for my droid, i have been rooted for 2 months but just stuck with the stock rom until last week i decided to go with CM rc5. absolutely awesome! on the 28th when i tried the nextheme in the OP i kept getting a bootloop. last night i tried and all went well. one problem though, the phone.zip doesn't work, it goes through the motions like its installed but then my droid just says 'no service'. i would really like to use it so any help would be appreciated! i've tried everything i can think of to do but can't get it to work. thanks to everyone for the great work they do on the themes and on the roms!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
hi, i am kinda new to all this romming and such for my droid, i have been rooted for 2 months but just stuck with the stock rom until last week i decided to go with CM rc5. absolutely awesome! on the 28th when i tried the nextheme in the OP i kept getting a bootloop. last night i tried and all went well. one problem though, the phone.zip doesn't work, it goes through the motions like its installed but then my droid just says 'no service'. i would really like to use it so any help would be appreciated! i've tried everything i can think of to do but can't get it to work. thanks to everyone for the great work they do on the themes and on the roms!!

Haven't seen this problem before. Hmm, the only help I can really provide, if you can call it help, would be to try reflashing the ROM, theme, or both or replacing the phone.apk with another one with the ROM on your computer.

Oh, yeah. Or you can download one of the most recent builds (210 in particular) which has some added features that are not in the build you're currently using and there is a Nex Theme for that as well. There is a 211 build but it hasn't been ported yet as far as I know

bmking24

Reaction score
thanks dj carpenter, i appreciate the assistance! droidforums has helped me root and with every problem i've ever had i just never had to post because someone else has always had the same problems i just had to find it on here! i will check out the build you mentioned. is there a way to install that rom without losing everything and starting over? thats the part i haven't figured out yet, i always have to dl and redue my home screens and get all the apps back and everything, would a titanium backup help with that?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks dj carpenter, i appreciate the assistance! droidforums has helped me root and with every problem i've ever had i just never had to post because someone else has always had the same problems i just had to find it on here! i will check out the build you mentioned. is there a way to install that rom without losing everything and starting over? thats the part i haven't figured out yet, i always have to dl and redue my home screens and get all the apps back and everything, would a titanium backup help with that?

No problem man. And no, you don't have to wipe. Usually when you just switch builds, updates of the same ROM, you can flash without wiping because generally they're compatible. Unless they made major changes or anything like that then it shouldn't be an issue so you should be fine. Make a backup of course. If you do run into a lot of problems, which I highly doubt you will, then I suggest wiping data/cache and reinstalling. You can use TB for all of your apps, etc, and usually a lot of your apps restore when you sync your Google account so it wont be too bad. If you use LP and I think ADW has it, you can backup your homescreens and it will save your dock and all your icon placement on your SD card, simply restore and everything will be the same BUT you will have re-add all the widgets. But like I said, you shouldn't have to wipe so you should be good to go.

bmking24

Reaction score
ok,thanks alot man,sounds like i have some fun to have later when i get a few minutes!!!! i appreciate the help! by the way, how do i change my info on the left that says what phone i have and what i'm running and all that? i can't figure it out, maybe i'm just overlooking something. again thanks man and damn i love this site, like i said it taught me everything i needed to know (mostly) about rooting and any problems i have had!!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok,thanks alot man,sounds like i have some fun to have later when i get a few minutes!!!! i appreciate the help! by the way, how do i change my info on the left that says what phone i have and what i'm running and all that? i can't figure it out, maybe i'm just overlooking something. again thanks man and damn i love this site, like i said it taught me everything i needed to know (mostly) about rooting and any problems i have had!!!

No problem:)
For the part that's under your pic, you go to user cp, and to the left you'll see edit details, click that and fill in whatever details you want. For what you're running, etc, under the post, you go to user cp, and to the left about half way down you'll see edit signature, and you make it look however you want, add pics, etc.
And yeah, this site taught me almost everything I know as well along with the help of a few members who helped me 1 on 1 with some things.