[Theme] BNB for Eclipse 0.5

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To begin... make a backup 1st.... not responsible for damages while left in the parking garage.. enjoy the game!

This theme was made with permission of "thebowers". It's his creation. I brought it into GB land for the X2. I don't know if I did everything he did but I can tell you that I have made image edits galore for resizing purposes and to get all the new GB images not yet themed. I have also edited the crap out of a lot of xml's so things should work 100% smoothly out of the box. I have also incorporated some inverted apps which, I had nothing to do with. Credit there goes to thebowers, ecsnead and B-Boy. I also made a few apps myself because once I got going on 0.2.2, I got carried away. Three of those apps incorporate to make the X2's first (that I know of anyway) Fully Functional and fully inverted Dialer. 0.4 had issues so, I started over at 0 and made the entire thing myself this time to make sure it all worked.

Also, I changed the boot animation. It matches the theme oh so well. Credit there goes to Versatile1 because he made it (on droidforums.net).

Before we begin, I will list all the apps I have included. For ease of use, I highly recommend getting rid of any app on the list from your phones data folder first. For example, if you downloaded Facebook from the market, remove it from your data folder. Not saying you HAVE TO, just putting it out there if you run into issues, you know how to fix them.

Also for the market... this one you do HAVE to do... First, verify that you DO NOT have a vending app in \data\app!!!!! If you do this will not install!!! You will need to uninstall updates before flashing... Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>"ALL" tab>Market>Uninstall Updates

Will it break your phone if you don't do that? No, it just won't install a market... at all!

Lastly, I have taken the time to guide every .9.png file in the framework and in every app I touched. What this means to you.... If you want to make other changes, everything will decompile and recompile without error. Of course you need to add the dependencies if your editing systemui or settings but thats a blur thing. Not something I did.

Now.. onto the part anyone actually cares about..

The theme is located at the bottom of the deepest cave, surrounded by guardian flying pigs who crave bacon and eggs.

Ive also included a BNB style Icon Pack because, if you are crafty enough to figure out how to install them, I'm crafy enough to share them
eek.gif
It's not a huge list, it just covers the basic ones most people stick on the main homescreen.

You can get that here.. but you have to go through the cave first.

If you see any issues please let me know.

Heres the cool list that got into the party....

Framework
SystemUI
Calculator (everyones favorite)
Contacts (Inverted)
Dialer (Inverted)
Phone (Inverted)
Facebook (Inverted)
Gallery 3D
Gmail (Inverted)
Google Quick Search (Inverted)
Keyboard (Black) .. whichever one is in 0.5.. hard to keep up...lol
Gtalk (Inverted)
Market (Inverted)
Google Voice (Inverted)
Music (Black) ##This is NOT the music app that came with Eclipse and it will erase that one##

Notes:

Music app worked on my phone without skips or pops when multitasking.. hope yours does the same.

Battery icons are stock Eclipse.. 200 images to make from scratch takes time.

Settings (Manage Applications is white BG with Black text).. will fix that when I figure it out.

This theme is basically a complete inversion of stock (with different images too). It is dark. On the D1, it was a bit hard to see but with this glare resistant screen or the display quality or something, its quite easy. Plus is doesnt burn your eyeballs when using the phone in the dark.

The screens are from 0.4.... the unselected tabs in the screens now have black text

SCREENSHOTS:

http://dc399.***********/img/aYKrxhGQ/s3/screen_20110829_2142_1.png http://dc423.***********/img/X_sh5InJ/s3/screen_20110829_2141.png

http://dc424.***********/img/_8fMQpvV/s3/screen_20110829_2141_1.png http://dc389.***********/img/cMse0Y8H/s3/screen_20110829_2142.png

http://dc172.***********/img/S3BYir4g/s3/screen_20110829_2143.png http://dc169.***********/img/hKq9uc7z/s3/screen_20110829_2145.png

http://dc317.***********/img/qs_5ak6u/s3/screen_20110829_2149.png http://dc338.***********/img/KShJhCK2/s3/screen_20110829_2149_1.png

http://dc281.***********/img/Hjyroaq4/s3/screen_20110829_2150.png http://dc249.***********/img/fBrUIsxD/s3/screen_20110829_2150_1.png

Lastly... if you like what I do.. hit the thanks button please. If you have issues, questions, trouble installing, suggestions for a new app to invert.. POST UP!!

Esper

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with titanium back up after flashing eclipes .05.... it wont read my back ups for some reason.... any ideas why

Esper

Reaction score
oh wait i think i figured it out.... i didnt notice eclipes flipped the SD cards... that has to be the problem

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Esper, its all flip flopped. When I went to restore my Go Launcher it said there were no backups. So, I used RE to move my go launcher folder from one card to the other. Backup found, launcher settings restored.

Esper

Reaction score
Yea thanx... figured it out ... only small problem im having is setting my yahoo mail to the email app... I know I have to set it up manually but I forget what to type inn... on the hunt for the configuration

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Esper

Reaction score
Ok all fixed.... got everything up and running

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have an issue like that as well man. Its just with GB in general.. If I take a pic and choose "share" and then email, it tells me I dont have an email account setup. Gmail works fine but that thing doesnt see Yahoo. My mail app does, just, not that.

Esper

Reaction score
this is what i found out..... it worked perfectly and everything is running great....

First, do not use the Gmail app, use the "Mail" or "Email" app. Then, use the following steps to access your free yahoo mail from 2.1:

How to set up Yahoo! IMAP email:

–This does not require Yahoo! Plus Mail, the paid service of Yahoo! mail.
1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (at the bottom of the screen)
2. Touch Email
3. Touch Manual Setup at the bottom left corner

- Select the IMAP option

4. In the incoming server settings, enter the details as follows:
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete yahoo email address)
Password: enter your yahoo password
IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 143
Security Type: None......................................" here i had too use ssl(accept all certificates) "
IMAP Path Prefix: leave blank
5. Touch next to continue to SMTP Server Settings and enter the details as follows:
SMTP: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 587
Security Type: None (Checkmark “required sign-in”)
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete yahoo email address again)
Password: enter your yahoo email password again
6. Touch Next
7. Fill out your personal information (Name etc.)
–If you are having problems be sure that WiFi is OFF then try again

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Esper.. thats a lot of work but it's not what I meant..lol :)

I got it setup ok. That share picture thing just doesnt see it.

Also, if you use K9 Mail App, it will set all that up for you and it is themeable.

Esper

Reaction score
Oh ok hahahhaha.... well cool ill try that app.....

I know it seems like alot of work but really only took 2 seconds and the share part works

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howdy do!!! Glad to see you still theming Xkape. Theme looks great! I know is ported from Bowers. But I know you have some of your stuff in there too. Just popped over to see how you were doing. :)

~¤~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~¤~

Esper

Reaction score
Just downloaded eclipse v.06 and eclipse remix not sure what one im gonna flash since there are a few blur apparently I do like.... holding off flashing them though till bnb is ready for them

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When I make the theme, it will owrk on either one.. however.. I am awaiting Eclipse 0.7 (for good reason soon to be seen).. I can make it for 6 though.. all the apps are ok, i just need to update the frame and SystemUI... If I have time tomorrow I shall do exactly that.. shouldnt take but about an hour.

I made an Orange one for 6 over on XDA.. dont know if that tickes your fancy but hey, Halloween is coming and it would give you a perfect idea of what apps are going to be themed in BNB.

Esper

Reaction score
Cool think ill check it out.... curious to try v.0.6 but im loving ut theme... and ur right why not be alil festive

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howdy do!!! Glad to see you still theming Xkape. Theme looks great! I know is ported from Bowers. But I know you have some of your stuff in there too. Just popped over to see how you were doing. :)

~¤~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~¤~

Thank YOU!!! Glad to see you are still wondering around these parts.. Even though its on the Bolt... You making some good stuff like I know you can? Send me a link if you still do that... theming I mean.