[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for Sapphire v0.8.4 now available!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
07/31/10 - New 928Droid Black Glass GMAIL v2.2.1 Patch/Update! The very latest GMail app from Google..super fast with new Features!

See 928Droid Black Glass Patch/Update file area in main Black Glass Thread (link in sig below) for Download.

Well worth the time flash this small update.zip. This is supposedly the Gmail app that will be included in the Official Droid Froyo Release....get it now Themed with 928Droid Black Glass :)

seahawk1984

Reaction score
If I wanted to go back to the stock theme..

First off, I would like to say I love your black glass theme! But in the event that I would want to go back to the stock theme, what rom would I use? I see on your first post in black glass 2.2 a couple of back to stock themes, and not sure which one to use. I'm using the current version of Sapphire.
And I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, so mind is a little foggy, if I remember correctly if I wanted to update the black glass theme, just go into sprecovery and load the update (after transferring file to sdcard, and changing name to update.zip of course). And I would not have to go back to stock in order to update my current black glass theme to the updated one?

Thanks. (now off to get some more coffee)

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
When running any Custom ROM and one of my matching Theme updates for it...all you have to do is run the original Custom ROM update.zip to get back to "stock" for that particular ROM.

In your case just run the original Sapphire 0.8.4 update.zip

IF you want to go back to STOCK FRG01b.. then you would need to wipe data and install a full FRG01b install....

Thanks, glad you like the Theme!

seahawk1984

Reaction score
When running any Custom ROM and one of my matching Theme updates for it...all you have to do is run the original Custom ROM update.zip to get back to "stock" for that particular ROM.

IF you want to go back to STOCK FRG01b.. then you would need to wipe data and install a full FRG01b install....

Thanks for the quick reply, and all I have to do to update your black glass theme is install the new version correct? I don't have to revert back to stock first?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Thanks for the quick reply, and all I have to do to update your black glass theme is install the new version correct? I don't have to revert back to stock first?

Yes you can just apply my newer versions over the older versions...as long as the Theme updates are for the same ROM RELEASE (ie, Sapphire 0.8.4).

In other words if you are running Sapphire 0.8.4 and already have 928Droid Black Glass Them for Sapphire 0.8.4 installed and I release a newer version of the same Theme for Sapphire 0.8.4, you just install it over the older Theme.

BUT, it you are running for example Sapphire 0.7 you can't run my 0.8.4 Theme over that, you gotta update the ROM first then the matching Theme.

seahawk1984

Reaction score

Yes you can just apply my newer versions over the older versions...as long as the Theme updates are for the same ROM RELEASE (ie, Sapphire 0.8.4).

In other words if you are running Sapphire 0.8.4 and already have 928Droid Black Glass Them for Sapphire 0.8.4 installed and I release a newer version of the same Theme for Sapphire 0.8.4, you just install it over the older Theme.

BUT, it you are running for example Sapphire 0.7 you can't run my 0.8.4 Theme over that, you gotta update the ROM first then the matching Theme.

Thanks so much! Going to update to newest version now. dancedroid