[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass 2.2 for Sapphire v0.8.4 now available!

gwwjpd

Reaction score
OK, this is now my favorite ROM and theme! Great job!

Thanks!

I will say that Sapphire was a very smooth and solid ROM while I was using it to do the Theming, nice job cvpcs!!

Thank you for porting your theme to Sapphire. :icon_ banana:
This is the combo that I've been waiting for. And I have to agree with both of you. One smooth running ROM and a great looking theme.

No problems or glitches that I can find.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
works great on their latest build as well (0.8.4)

nice work...complete theme.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
works great on their latest build as well (0.8.4)

nice work...complete theme.

Thats good news! I loved this theme when I was using BB ROMS, and have been waiting patiently for it to be ported here. Now to decide between extreme orange (which I will be using for football season) or this one as my daily theme.. Or just create a nandroid of both and alternate daily.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Man this theme is running smooth with the ROm. Good Job guys......dancedroid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Needs to be an official supported theme. I'm putting my request in :)

wingdo

Reaction score
Best theme on the best ROM. Thanks 928 !!!!!!!!!!

Wow, THANKS!!

BTW, personal favor, can you change the description in your sig from "928's Smoke Glass Theme" to "928Droid's Black Glass Theme" :)

Sorry about that, I have NO idea why it said Smoke Glass. Just too damned excited about all the changes today. ;)

It really is the best theme.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Wingdo, THANKS!

928Droid, since u played with all these Roms and made themes for them, which Rom seemed the most stable?? Like to get an expert opinion. Dont feel like flashing them and comparing...:)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Wingdo, THANKS!

928Droid, since u played with all these Roms and made themes for them, which Rom seemed the most stable?? Like to get an expert opinion. Dont feel like flashing them and comparing...:)
\

In reality Droid Custom ROMs have come a long way in just the last month or so. There are minor things I like and dislike about each of them and all seem stable for me...but I will be going back to boring FRF84b until the Offical Droid OTA comes (hopefully tomorrow).

If some of the ROM makers would do some simple things like keep the apk naming consistant with Stock Froyo I would like them better. It is aggravating to have one ROM with Music.apk and another with MusicGoogle.apk , etc, etc. same apk, just named differently.

Another example of this is one ROM has the keyboard app named LatinIme.apk , another will have it LatinIME.apk, and yet another will have it the stock Froyo way of LatinImeGoogle.apk. Since Android is case sensitive you can't access the file to Theme it (or over write it with an update.zip) if the name and case aren't exact.

Other than that it is down to "non-essential" features that one ROM may or may not have. I will say the CM6 has a lot of features, but unless you want to change your Status Bar colors every other day (or hour) they are not really usefull.

All in all I prefer Stock ROMs, they are always more stable and do everything exactly as they should. This is why I typically only Theme for Stock ROMs...plus they aren't changed every other day :)