The Ultimate Droid DX/D2 - RC2 - Updated 1/5/11

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
1/5/11 Update - Updated with full usb support: (cvpcs/bgill55)

The Ultimate Droid DX/D2 - RC2
-------------------------
- Added the overscroll feature
- Resynced with AOSP - Lots of updates and fixes
- New Updated Theme - Even more gingerbread goodness
- Fixes to the phone, contacts, and camera
- New Updated Themed Facebook and Twitter

Bugs that still have to be worked on:
- Camcorder
- Full GPS Support

pre1.jpg
1.jpg
24.jpg
26.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Download Links For All Supported Devices:

DROID X

Droid X Download Link

DROID 2

Droid 2 Download Link

Please Remember to always make a backup first and we take no responsibility if anything happens to your phone. You take all responsibility when installing this. Just a safety thing that always needs to be added in.

Last edited:

khaf

Reaction score
where are the themes for this rom?

microsnook

Reaction score
where are the themes for this rom?

Let him finish out the kinks for the first stable release with minor bugs, and then themes will follow shortly after.

Glad to see this made it to the D2, hopefully a more stable version will be available soon so I can flash it on my droid :).

Thanks for the work!

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
rc, doubt youll see themes. what i need to see though is some feedback guys :) whats going good or whats broken and not in my OP. ;)

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I say let the Dev of UDX do their thing and everyone just load a working rom then transition over to UDX once the Devs feel it's "STABLE" enough for every day use.

mbh87

Reaction score
I didn't have predictive text, not sure if that was a problem on RC1 or not.

Pisceincarnate

Reaction score
damn!

Damn! I just finished the RC1!!!! Lol. But I love the dedication! A corporation would never have another release so soon.Btw, its my first post!!!! What is up my fellow Droid fanatics and future leaders of the tech industry! I would have posted a month ago but it isn't proper to butt in without properly studying ALL the threads first.

4mstephen

Reaction score
Bugs I've noticed over my 12 hour demo:

1)Titanium backup will not work even with USB debugging and Unknown sources allowed. I've tried the process multiple ways including rebooting and nothing.

2)Reboot option in the menu does not seem to work for me. I reboot but it stays at the Moto Logo.

3)Swype option is there in the input selection but the keyboard never comes up.

4)Messaging unlock doesn't work (I didn't have any messages to check at the time of testing this because titanium couldn't restore them).

5)Google Voice Search and Youtube want to update. I uninstalled it from the UD Menu in settings and they still won't install.

6)Launcher Pro has an issue in it's app launcher because of that menu bounce thing. I didn't look hard enough to disable it but I'm sure if it's disabled it will work.

7)Attempted to use Gallery to play video and it would not play with either the stock google video player or SUFBS. This video was recorded on the phone using another AOSP rom.

Thats all I can think of right now, If I think of more I will edit my post. If you can see why titanium won't work that would be fantastic. I came from Fission 2.2.2 running Android 2.2.1 and only was restoring user installed apps + data. No system data was being attempted.

Last edited:

bloodmut

Reaction score
Hey all - new to custom roms here, this is my first rom on my d2! It looks and feels righteous. Had some questions, and if this isn't the right thread to ask these questions as i'm a "noob" I apologize. In any case, I tried playing around with some UD settings and I get stuck at the motorola logo upon reboot. Changed boot animation, installed modified browser and contacts apps...the apps aren't there, and I don't want to mess with anything else until I'm advised on how to change these things safely. Also quick note, tried to sync my apps with AppBrain, and when i try to sign in it force closes. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Raziel36

Reaction score
When trying to run a benchmark, in Quadrant, it fails at the H.264 video test. Should I also assume that videos may not play correctly? Is there a way to fix this problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Soupy McD

Reaction score
I just want to say I'm a huge fan of the work going into this ROM. It is a great start and it is going in a great direction.

There are some serious issues though that my DX has with this ROM. Other than the normal bugs, the DX starts running hot (no overclock or anything), and burns through battery like a match. It's slow at times, jerky, and lacks compatibility with some basic apps. The USB issue is huge.

I'm a nightly subscriber and like I said I love where this ROM is going, I just hope the kinks get worked out soon!

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
lil update, kernel work going on to fix issues and make it even better :) yeah, thats a teaser!

microsnook

Reaction score
lil update, kernel work going on to fix issues and make it even better :) yeah, thats a teaser!

Yea! Please give us an update, we need it!

Bugs I've experience:
-Display goes black, but isnt shut off all the way
-When signing into my Google account at the beginning, the (physical) keyboard keys were not correct (ex: i pressed #2 and #3 came up instead) -Fixed using the on-screen keyboard to log in...

Things that should be considered are the Power Control Settings in the pulldown shade!
Also maybe some brightness tweaks.

The rom has an amazing start and when its complete this is what my D2 will be running!

Thank you so much for the effort and time in this rom : )

beezie

Reaction score
since the update has there been any problems? would LOVE to try this ROM out but still too much of a noob (scared one at that) to try it. with my luck i would brick my phone or something lol!