★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
New Bionic Owner

I picked up the Bionic a few days ago. I had the HTC Eris before that (rooted with Macdroids) the hacked rom worked great on the phone but the trackball broke and the phone just kept scrolling to the left out of control.

I purchased the extended battery with the phone (was only $25 for the bigger battery) and so far this phone is nice! The faster cpu, memory and screen is awesome. I miss the rooted part (wireless tether) but I had saved my old PDAnet from the old phone and it works on the bionic (I paid for that app awhile back)

It seems the battery status isn't reading right. on one hand it will say I only have 50% at the end of the day, but looking at the battery symbol on top of the screen shows more. Just wondering since I have the larger battery that the status is showing incorrectly.

I was also told when I bought it that there were some glitches in the software of the phone. So far I have not seen any issues with the phone.

Mike

Cinoib

Reaction score
I've been waffling between the Rezound and the Bionic.
I'm not sure that the Rezound is $100 better, but with the connectivity issues maybe it is.
I'm also not sure about the build quality and track record of HTC.
I was not too impressed with the Incredible.

I guess I'll inquire into Verizon's return policy if I get a defective unit.

Thanks.
B

I have had my Bionic for a couple of months now. I bought it the week it hit stores. I am rooted, and SqLite hacked for tether. Well, I was rooted that is until I took the OTA update Friday. I lost root with the update, but then found in another forum a work around that returned root and maintained the update 5.5.893.

I have returned to the store to look at the Rezound. The screen is the main reason to buy the Rezound. It's a 342 ppi (better then the Iphone). You mentioned the build quality. Well, imho, the Bionic is a better built device. It really just feels better in the hand. I have the extended battery so it's a bit heavy but I have big hands and I use the Iphone keypad with my Bionic so I don't mind the heft. I've dropped it twice from waste high. It didn't hurt it. I have a friend who dropped his in the crapper full of water. It came back to life after a few days and a bag of white rice.

I wish the Bionic would replace the screen it has (a Pen Tile screen) with the screen used in the ATT Atrix II screen (non Pen Tile). But really, the stock screen on the Bionic is a good screen. I'm just not sold on the Rezound over all. It just doesn't feel as good in the hand as the Bionic. And now that I've installed the OTA, 4g is constant. The camera works flawlessly. And my connection speeds are consistently 20 - 25 mbps up and 5 - 6 down (Phoenix, AZ).

wooddale

Reaction score
How did you loose root? I am rooted forever root. Havent went back yet didnt figure I would get update yet anyway. I hope foreveroot works so I wont loose root. I talked to one of the devs DT he said when the OTA hits he will incorporate into a rom so we wont have to mess with it. Cant wait to get it though. I have a Thunderbolt and it does work well battery sucks though You are wright though I also have the extended battery in the Bionic and it does feel better in your hand than the TB. Hopefully the OTA will solve all the problems. I started getting better speed readings and better signal when Verizon towers went down and came up again.

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Lol
Yeah, my D1 hit the pavement twice yesterday, thigh still firmly held in the belt clip that came loose.
No worse for wear.

I think u got your download/upload speeds backwards.

Was your 4g flakey before the ota?
I'm wondering, if I get one, if I should wait for the ota before rooting.

I noticed that the rezound was a bit faster that the bionic, at least in their stock states.

How much more uptime did u get with the bigger battery?

Thanks
B

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
I got my Droid just hope the ota comes soon too see if it
Fix some minor issues, I love my phone.left a iPhone for my Droid and just love it
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm getting mine in a few days. Coming from the d3. I need a bigger screen and I was not using the keyboard as much as I thought I would. And of course the 4g that my area just got a few months ago.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

cebosound

Reaction score
well, just got a new Bionic. Loving it so far. I came from Droid X. It has everything my DX had , plus lots and lots more. ... If the Droid X was the best phone I have ever owned, I expect the Bionic to be everything it was and more. :biggrin:

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Just pickrd up my Bionic about 30 minutes ago. Just retired the aging OG Droid.
Got home and ran a speed test. 10 megs down, 5.5 megs up, not bad IMO. Gonna play with my new phone now and see what it can do!

Last edited:

Badadio

Reaction score
I walked into Costco last night with full intentions to buy the Droid Razr bundle for $289. I walked out with the Bionic bundle for $149. It's fast, it's smooth and it does everything the Razr does, except it isn't waterproof (who would really test that anyway?) and a little bit thicker (coming from the OG Droid, really anything would be an upgrade with thickness and weight).

If this phone can hold up then this will be one of the better bargains I've ever purchased.

cebosound

Reaction score
I definitely feel it does everything the Razr does . and after using this 4 g phone for a few days, i can see how having a removable battery may come in handy on occasion. .... so unless I get the Nexus fever, I will continue to enjoy my Bionic.

wooddale

Reaction score
I definitely feel it does everything the Razr does . and after using this 4 g phone for a few days, i can see how having a removable battery may come in handy on occasion. .... so unless I get the Nexus fever, I will continue to enjoy my Bionic.

I had a nexus in my hands today I was gonna buy it until I found out the Nexus takes a different sim card than the Bionic. I have a Thunderbolt and a Bionic I would have had to sell both of them wright away because I couldnt use them any more because of sim cards. I was gonna sell the Thunderbolt if I got the Nexus but I wasnt ready to sell both like to have a spare guess I gotta tuff out the Bionic.

djsiva

Reaction score
I'm having some 3g/4g connectivity issues. It has a hard time finding 4g and sticking with it. It's mostly 3g or nothing.

FastKatt

Reaction score
Don't feel bad...
I lose my data connection, even after I've updated...
2-3 Airplane Mode switches & maybe a Reboot to make my phone useable

Swyped on my Droid Bionic, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!