★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

sysexdata

Reaction score
I just picked up a Bionic at Verizon after getting my paycheck. I get to work and check here to look for roms, and end up finding out that Radio Shack (right down the road from Verizon store) has the Bionic for 199, and I paid 299 at Verizon. I called the Verizon store and asked if they do price matches and they said no. They told me I could return the phone within 14 days but there is a $35 restocking fee. This sucks. At least I'll be able to get it for $65 cheaper...

crxlvr

Reaction score
I had the voyager and my wife had to be there. The voyager has the best keyboard ever put on iphone I believe, and my wife loves the dare because she can hit the screen with her fingernails. My daughters are using them now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I agree that if i voyager keyboard with the bionic internals i would never need another phone

bill_garrett

Reaction score
I've had the bionic for two days now and haven't found a reason to root it yet, except that I can :D

I'm coming from the Eris and obviously this is leaps and bounds, but it's just such a beast, I think I'll be content for quite some time. Beautiful screen, fast response, nice camera, and great accessories. Also, definitely worth the $$$. Does it cost more than other phones? Yes. Does it offer more than other phones? Yes. And as offerings for phones get more hardware intensive, it'll show.

electric6

Reaction score
I don't usually spend 630 bucks on a phone, but I just got mine for full retail yesterday. I was bored the night before and posted my blunderbolt for sale on craigslist. Literally the next day, I had an offer for 350 with all the stuff I had with it. I met him sold it for cash and went straight to the big red store next door. I used to be a Sense fan...

Well no longer. I cannot believe the poor finish I had to put with on the thunderbolt. Crap reception, crap signal period, crap battery life(with the extended too), lag, messages being sent to the wrong person out of nowhere from my phone, more lag, random losses of data, dropped calls out the as*. It wasnt the worst phone I ever had, but it was close.

The bionic is almost perfect. The pentile screen is not "pixelated" or at least that is not what I would call it. It is very fine, almost so fine its cartoonish. The screen under bright sunlight is hands down better than the blunderbolt. Battery life on my binonic is sadly enough 90% of what the thunderbolt with an extended battery was - yes it is that much better. It is light, slim, the camera takes FANTASTIC pictures - it also zooms in on pics closer too and the flash is 2x as bright, it is more stable, the reception is WAY BETTER THAN THE THUNDERBOLT, and most important, the UI is much lighter than Sense.

I do miss the app scroller, and nice widgets of sense but overall MOTO's UI is just... less - as in less intrusive, and way easier on memory. It is a little clunkier, and not quite as intuitive, but the sacrifice is worth it for the sake of stablility and speed.

I am extremely impressed with my new bionic. I should have just got a moto phone when I switched to verizon in the spring. If the PHONE part of a smartphone is the most important to you(aka reception, signal strength, retention, battery life) are the most important to you kick any doubts aside. I dont care if the next HTC device on big red has a quad core processor, 2 gigs of ram and a 1080p SLCD... This is a phone. Yes, I want a 5" moto phone, but its just not gonna happen anytime soon - but seriously it gets better reception than ANY smartphone I have owned.

It is quick, stable, reliable, and lightweight(and I just put a ext batt on it too). Until I see a 5" successor to this, I am saving my coveted upgrade. Making the switch from HTC was the best(if not the most expensive) phone purchase Ive made all year, and I dont regret it.

Metal construction, the best quality control and radio tech in the industry combined with dual core OMAP and 1gig of ram and LTE make this the phone to have until its successor comes out.

Tepes

Reaction score
So monday i was given a Bionic as a company phone, my regular phone is a D3. Gotta say i am lovin the Bionic. The only set back for me with it is that it doesn't have a physical keyboard, but hey, that's what i have my D3 for. The speed in this thing is sick and it handles the blur smoother than the 3. Very impressive phone.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AMDROID1881

Reaction score
Day 2 with the droid and so far so good. No crashes or reboots and Ive been using it non stop. Currently hooked up to the HD dock with a wireless keyboard and mouse works great.

Jelem1880

Reaction score
Hello all i am new to this thread and I just picked up my Droid Bionic today. After playing around with this phone I realize that this thing is blazing fast. I'm coming from a OG Droid so this is a huge upgrade for me. I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible about this awesome phone and seeing any developments that occur over the next couple of months.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Development has already taken off like a brush fire. Wont be long until there's tons to play with!

Anomander

Reaction score
Picked up my Bionic today. I know there is always going to be a better phone down the road, but did not want to wait and see when the next one is going to drop. This is going to replace my rooted D1. So far I like how smooth it is. Not happy with how many pre-loaded crap apps (verizon stuff in general) there was on it. I would probably be fine with that if I could unistall them without having to root.

xmguy

Reaction score
Got mine on the 8th when it launched. Several things I like and dislike. I LIKE the front facing camera. For me I record alot of covers for YouTube. Makes it SO much easier than using the X and trying to "blindly" frame it in. Audio recording is great too. Battery life is (so far) top notch (have set on CDMA only and Battery saving to MAX). Rear speaker for music and FM Radio is WOW Loud and GREAT!! I've not heard such a good phone (rear) speaker since the OG Droid! The memory that this thing has is off the charts. I've yet to have ANY lag or issues with speed. Also the phone (once the battery door was smoothed down) feels real solid and comfortable in the hand. What I DON'T like, The pentile display. It's ok at times. I can live with it. But I'd rather have a semi washed out colors of the X than the pixelated images/text that appear on the Pentile from time to time. I don't know who designed the phone. But the phone has the beveled Gorilla Glass screen (which is ok). But then Motorola added the metal trim that 16th of a inch from the beveled glass edge, so lint, or any other dust gets trapped in this space. Also the earpiece for talking on is totally awful! Very uncomfortable. If Motorola had made the metal trim lower with the glass then the ear piece would have been better. Lastly is the battery door. Now I know it had to be plastic. That's ok. But (on mine atleast) at some spots (beside the usb/hdmi port) the cover seems to stick out from the phone. I actually had to sand the cover down to take the hard sharp edge off.

Although I have alot of Negatives. Over all it's still a good phone. I just wish Motorola had tested some things before making the darn thing.

Last edited:

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
well im having to get a new replacement already wifi won't turn on says turning on then says error so verizon is going to send me a brand new on cause im under the 14 days thanks god i HATE refurbished phones your just dealing with someone elses problem.

Dougw133

Reaction score
I ended up with 37 hours, medium use extended battery. That's amazing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

charcarp

Reaction score
I got my bionic yesterday at a verizon store. My one year old son picked it out, and after playing around with the demo I decided I couldn't leave the store without it.

Last edited: