★★★ The "Official" I got my DROID BIONIC Thread ★★★

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
OMGosh... Been happy with DROID original since the beginning--so pleased in waiting for the BIONIC. Just the phone I've been waiting for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

steeletown

Reaction score
I traded my charge for the bionic yesterday so far I am very pleased with that decision.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I traded my charge for the bionic yesterday so far I am very pleased with that decision.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! dancedroid

djsiva

Reaction score
I got mine 3 days ago and I've been pretty happy with it. I don't like the lightweight feel of it though, I prefer the solid feel of my Thunderbolt. I do love that the phone is insanely quick and smooth. The main issues I have with it are the camera is ridiculously slow to focus, and my Facebook contacts have not synced pictures. The FB issue bothers me because this is something that was super easy and almost automatic with the Sense UI on the TB. I shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app for something so simple. I did root the phone yesterday and will be trying whatever ROMS come out for it, and maybe being pretty happy with it will turn into loving it once I have some custom software on there. :)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I got mine 3 days ago and I've been pretty happy with it. I don't like the lightweight feel of it though, I prefer the solid feel of my Thunderbolt. I do love that the phone is insanely quick and smooth. The main issues I have with it are the camera is ridiculously slow to focus, and my Facebook contacts have not synced pictures. The FB issue bothers me because this is something that was super easy and almost automatic with the Sense UI on the TB. I shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app for something so simple. I did root the phone yesterday and will be trying whatever ROMS come out for it, and maybe being pretty happy with it will turn into loving it once I have some custom software on there. :)

To sync you facebook contacts, do this: Uninstall the Facebook app if you have it installed. Go to Settings->Accounts and add a Facebook account in the Blur interface (same idea as the one you did with Sense). That will sync your contacts. Then, reinstall the Facebook app.

You can actually do it with the Facebook app installed, but when you go to add accounts you will see two different Facebook icons, so it's easier to remove it so you can tell which is Blur.

djsiva

Reaction score
To sync you facebook contacts, do this: Uninstall the Facebook app if you have it installed. Go to Settings->Accounts and add a Facebook account in the Blur interface (same idea as the one you did with Sense). That will sync your contacts. Then, reinstall the Facebook app.

You can actually do it with the Facebook app installed, but when you go to add accounts you will see two different Facebook icons, so it's easier to remove it so you can tell which is Blur.

I've done this several times. I've even done a factory data reset and started fresh. It was still a no-go. I've read of others having the same issue and have tried their suggestions too, but nothing has worked. I used syncmypix today but it jacked my contacts all up. Also, the phone keeps combining contacts of mine that have similar names and it's kinda pissing me off too.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Strange. Never had any issues with it syncing on any phone I've had, including earlier Moto Droids, TBolt, and Charge.

djsiva

Reaction score
Strange. Never had any issues with it syncing on any phone I've had, including earlier Moto Droids, TBolt, and Charge.

I know it's weird. I've tried changing settings for syncing over wifi, push, set schedule, you name it. Nothing has worked. The syncmypix got about 100 of them in there, but I'm still missing a bunch. I'll be throwing a ROM on there sometime this week when I have a chance, so we'll see if that helps out my issue. I hope my feelings change for this device, otherwise it will be the Vigor or the Prime that I'll be switching to in the next few months. Luckily, I don't pay for cell phones so I can change just about anytime I want. :)

Seantonio

Reaction score
I got mine...

got it last Wednesday @ Radio Shack...$299 - 100 instant - 100 trade-in. Good deal I think, esp for my first smartphone. No real problems or complaints yet, this phone is amazing!

phatjedi

Reaction score
Anyone go from a Droid X to Bionic? Thinking about getting Bionic, love the Droid but this thing seems pretty sweet.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I came from the X. I didnt think there would be that much of a difference because my X was overclocked and pretty fast. The B is sooo smooth and lag free, I was immediatley taken by it! :happy:

djsiva

Reaction score
Anyone go from a Droid X to Bionic? Thinking about getting Bionic, love the Droid but this thing seems pretty sweet.

I had an X before my Thunderbolt and I can tell you the Bionic runs way better than the X. However, I like the feel of the X over the Bionic, but that's just me.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Retired my original DROID today, got a Bionic. Love it so far! Does look like an extended life battery is in my near future ;-)