The Great Sapphire Theme Off! - 0.6.2

wingdo

Reaction score
I'm also having some trouble installing BE. I tried several times before reapplying the stock theme, then downloaded and reinstalled Stock, followed by trying again to install BE, but no luck. Recovery tells me each time that the installation was successful, but no dice. I've wiped cache before each attempt, also.

Any thoughts?

You're running the P3 kernel from the Sapphire page. It has dev code in it and fills your /system so you cannot theme. That's my one thought.

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heck that makes sense. i just re flashed 6.2 totally. When I should have tried the stock kernel.

PJnc284

Reaction score
No problems installing Blue Energy on 0.6.2 with the oversized kernel. Granted I've deleted all of the stock wallpapers and ringtones I don't use.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problems installing Blue Energy on 0.6.2 with the oversized kernel. Granted I've deleted all of the stock wallpapers and ringtones I don't use.

that could have made enough room for the themeing process to work, and that's why it worked for you.

frjohnj

Reaction score
I'm also having some trouble installing BE. I tried several times before reapplying the stock theme, then downloaded and reinstalled Stock, followed by trying again to install BE, but no luck. Recovery tells me each time that the installation was successful, but no dice. I've wiped cache before each attempt, also.

Any thoughts?

You're running the P3 kernel from the Sapphire page. It has dev code in it and fills your /system so you cannot theme. That's my one thought.
The P3 kernel was it indeed; when I reflashed and applied the theme second, it worked like a champ.

Thanks!

TheMayor

Reaction score
Hey Tank I was just wondering how the nextheme was comming along. :)

666ogre666

Reaction score

Where are the wallpapers and how did you delete them, I was wondering because I wanted to try and take one from another rom and put it into this one but I couldnt find them using root explorer, Im guessing its somewhere in the /system?

PJnc284

Reaction score
They're in the Launcher2.apk under /system/app. You can use adb to pull the apk to your computer or use astro or root explorer and copy it to your sd card and move it to your computer.

Rename it to Launcher2.zip and open it
Go into res/drawable-hdpi and if you scroll down, you'll see files called wallpaper_(name).jpg. Those are the wallapers and there are two files for each so you'll see wallpaper_(name).jpg and wallpaper_(name)_small.jpg where the latter is just a thumbnail.

For the wallpaper I got from the Kangerade rom, I just renamed it to wallpaper_bluedotgrid.jpg and wallpaper_bluedotgrid_small.jpg and copied the files over the existing ones in Sapphire. Deleted the remaining wallpapers, renamed the launcher back to Launcher2.apk and pushed it back to /system/app.

Launcher2.apk decreased from ~4.6MB to about 1.4MB with the 3 wallpapers I added.

Below is the guide I used also.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/40340-replacing-stock-wallpaper-gallery-pictures.html

tjkriegel

Reaction score
Thought I would make an attempt at themeing. This is my first attempt so any suggestions/bugs or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Blue Swirl for Sapphire
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5CKO23W
This is for clockwork since it's what I have the most experience with. If someone wants to make a SPRecovery zip that would be great, I'm not experienced in making one.

Includes:
-Framework
-Settings
-Launcher2
-Browser
-Mms
-Market
-Phone and Contacts
-News and Weather widget
-Facebook
-YouTube

*Please make a backup before attempting to install*

A wipe shouldn't be necessary but I would suggest installing over the stock theme.

I would like to thank:
Cvpcs
Bgill55
Pete
Koush
RoberJ
manup465
ArmyRanger
...and so many others doing great things in the android world right now, you guys are a great inspiration!

Check it out and let me know what you think...

Attachments

• CAP201007011637.jpg
    CAP201007011637.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 316
  • CAP201007011620.jpg
    CAP201007011620.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 307
  • CAP201007011617.jpg
    CAP201007011617.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 246
  • CAP2010070116201.jpg
    CAP2010070116201.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 233
  • CAP2010070116181.jpg
    CAP2010070116181.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 275

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Hey looks good! I'll load out up later and check it out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

monnietron

Reaction score
Just put on blue swirl, looks great!! Probably won't leave it on long because I'm not a blue person, but I like it a lot.