The Complete Jellybean Thread

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the information!
So, it's not an official update. Just curious to know what the differences are. I'm not gonna flash again, though!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
may not have any real changes or
may have various fixes to complaints/problems
unlikely but could have a unlockable bootloader or some other exploit left open

huckky

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.
After 44 pages of q&a i need to ask this:
Do you guys recommend jb update?
can i install custom ics roms with safestrap after jb update or i'm stuck with custom jb roms?
Thanks.

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Can't really speak on behalf of the JB upgrade, it seemed a lot like the ICS upgrade, but with less blur. New kernel means faster phone, but lots of people are complaining about how the physical keyboard handles

All custom roms (with a few exceptions) are kexec based, and also all JB based. You won't be able to install ICS roms because as far as I know there isn't a kexec ICS rom

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

jack.resar

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am having trouble getting my droid 4 from GB 2.3.6 updated to Jelly Bean. GigaJake has helped me out considerably and the only thing I need is a SBF for JB or ICS to get the ball rolling. I have searched and can't find one anywhere. Well almost anywhere. GigaJake gave me a link to Droid-Developers SBF However I am A Marine currently deployed and on a government computer and that webpage is blocked. Can anyone help me get the file I need? I mean another link or maybe even put the file on google drive for me to get it. My email is [email protected] please help

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am having trouble getting my droid 4 from GB 2.3.6 updated to Jelly Bean. GigaJake has helped me out considerably and the only thing I need is a SBF for JB or ICS to get the ball rolling. I have searched and can't find one anywhere. Well almost anywhere. GigaJake gave me a link to Droid-Developers SBF However I am A Marine currently deployed and on a government computer and that webpage is blocked. Can anyone help me get the file I need? I mean another link or maybe even put the file on google drive for me to get it. My email is [email protected] please help

Hi! If I've well understood what you need, you can find it here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/213197-offical-ota-zip-installation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx.html
Mirror 2 and 3 work.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)

I have uploaded the Droid 4 Fri Apr 5 14:12:22 CDT 2013 Jellybean version

cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-2_1ff.xml.zip
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C3B9F032B5505A00!166
haven't used skydrive much don't know how well it works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t38zl30j6y7082/cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-2_1ff.xml.zip
my dropbox is just free account so won't handle many downloads, please log in transfer to your own account

Fri Feb 8 13:11:57 CST 2013 cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip
https://drive.google.com/folderview...&usp=sharing&tid=0B1hcBgk_03_aT0trdlFmNEtjNXc

Last edited: