Texts going to wrong person

rhino

Reaction score
I have had a strange thing happen a couple of times while texting... I'll open up a thread of texts and start to type a reply, but the name of the person at the top of the screen (next to the android symbol) is different than the person in the thread. If I send the message it actually goes to the contact at the top of the screen, not the person in whose text thread I'm writing.

Even if I hit the back button, or exit Messaging completely and start over, clicking on person A's thread still opens the correct thread of messages but with person B's name at the top, so any message sent in that thread will go to person B.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts on a fix?

KimmyJ

Reaction score
Hi rhino - i just got my Droid last night, and have already experienced this same exact problem twice...

did you ever hear back from anyone on a fix?

OP
R

rhino

Reaction score
No, you're the first person I've heard from who's had the same problem. It hasn't happened to me in the last week though, so who knows. I am making sure to look at each text carefully just to make sure however.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have either of you tried used a different app then just the default? Try using chompsms or handcent? both in my opinion are about 100x better then the built in one.

PACG

Reaction score
This issue is also happening w/ my Droid. It's been going on for at least the past two weeks, possible longer. I've been trying to piece together the consistences, but haven't spotted anything yet. The problem is, for me, a huge problem and could push me away from the Droid unless Motorola/Google/Verizon can resolve the issue(s). I have pretty much halted using texting due to the concern that the messages will end up with the wrong people (I use the Droid as my business cell).

Google search found this thread and very little other info. Talking to Verizon was pointless (go figure). Anyone else?

whiteymack

Reaction score
it has as well happened to me.. with both the stock app and handcent...

but it seems like it happens mostly when I am replying to a text and the person I am talking to sends me another one at the same time...

but it has happened under different scenarios...

but there was a time that My droid forwarded a text to someone I dont even know.. and is not even in my contacts list...

topguy

Reaction score
i am also having this problem. are there any solutions yet? maybe it will be fixed in an upcoming update? any news at all?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Use handcent, Have not seen this...

mydgtsing

Reaction score
I have had the EXACT same issue. I reply to a thread & someone else gets it. Verizon/Google, etc. has GOT to get this issue fixed ASAP! It happens on the default app & on Handcent. I am NOT happy about this.

fee.grizz

Reaction score
I had the same prob, and I just did a soft reset and everything is better now (cntrl+ALT+DELETE) the control button is the one with an arrow pointing upwards at a line

Switchback

Reaction score
Okay, kinda related, I received a text from my buddy Jeremiah, however it came in under Ryan, I was only able to notice this because it was a specfic message about work and I dont work with Ryan. Basically I checked the contact info for Ryan and it appears that my facebook syncing put all of Jeremiah's contact information under Ryan as well as Jeremiah. So I removed all the incorrect information (only phone numbers) and it populated the text as Jeremiah now.. I would honestly check that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use Handcent and have never experienced any problem like this.