Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Then I'd say you're starting to get a digitizer fail. You'll have to take it to Verizon and show them the issue. On the plus side if you can't get a satisfactory D1 refurb you'll get a new D2 (most likely phone for an upgrade).

alwerner

Reaction score
I would try the following and after each option see if your results work:

Option #1:
Click on:
<setting> <applications> <manage applications> <all> <messaging> <clear data>

Option #2:
I would try installing Handcent from the app market and see if your results are different.

Option #3:
Backup and restore your text messages using a tool such as My Backup Pro (or some other tool). I have seen problems go away with this solution.

Option #4:
Delete all SMS/text threads and follow option #1.
Note: Obviously this clears out all of your text messages.

chrisbdz

Reaction score
A few questions:
  • Are you rooted?
  • Are you running Stock ROM?
  • What SMS application are you using?
  • You said it has happened for some time? When did you notice it? After an upgrade? After you switch texting applications?
  • Do you have contacts that share the same phone number?

I dont know what rooted is and stock rom I would assume so...no SMS applications...Im running 2.2...shouldnt be contacts with the same phone number

No idea what rooting is or the running Stock ROM... I am using the standard texting offered via Droid, the one that came with the phone. I have never switched texting applications, always have used the default messaging that came on the phone.

I am not sure if it happened after an upgrade, it has been going on for a least a month or two. I have just been dealing with it but now I am just getting sick of it. My contacts dont have the same phone numbers and it only opens existing threads, so if I click on a text thread with Person A it will open an already existing text thread with another person, and the text thread it opens is totally random, sometimes its the 2nd or 3rd convo, sometimes its the 9th or 11th.

I guess I will take it to verizon and see what they can do. My phone also does that thing where when I type in a name to send a text it types it in the wrong order but I dont do that much so its not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Have ur phone checked out by Verizon? I've been having the same problem at random times. I thought, at first, I was clicking the wrong person. Wondering if there's anything I can do besides taking into a Verizon store. Ugh!

Droid Incredible... also not rooted. SMS that the phone came with.

chrisbdz

Reaction score
Android text messaging bugs acknowledged, fixes in the works

FYI - I just saw this article:

by Samuel Gibbs on January 6, 2011 at 04:30 AM
FILED UNDER: apps, cellphones, google, android
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

androidlogo.jpg
Google has come out and officially acknowledged that Android has two SMS messaging problems, but that a fix is in the works. The bug, which can take two forms, essentially revolves around the miss co-ordination of contact-to-message linking. While the first issue -- opening a text message from one contact and getting an entirely different message being displayed -- is annoying, the second one -- sending a message to a contact and having it delivered to a totally separate one -- is much more critical. Imagine sending intimate text messages to your spouse only to have them routed to your boss -- how are you going to explain that one?

While Google works on a fix, we're advising caution when messaging for all Android users -- because you never know who's actually going to receive that saucy sext.