Question about Handcent SMS app widget

Aluminum21

Reaction score
The I opened up the widget and its the exact same thing as the shortcut, just an icon.

I have seen screens where there are text conversations with the cell phone background/icons in behind the convo. I there a way to have the convos be its own screen on the droid?

How is this screen achieved with this app:

nAC.u.cs.png

Last edited:

mad3963

Reaction score
The I opened up the widget and its the exact same thing as the shortcut, just an icon.

I have seen screens where there are text conversations with the cell phone background/icons in behind the convo. I there a way to have the convos be its own screen on the droid?

It is a widget, and not just an icon, in that it displays the number of new messages on the icon. There is a pop-up feature built into Handcent that will display an onscreen pop-up when a new message is received. This may be what you are looking for. I have never used it, but you can activate it thru the Handcent settings.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I'm looking for a texting widget like this:

LXfno.jpg

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Aluminum21, the picture in the first post is found by using a conversation style of anything other then "Android" and by turning on your bubble settings. As for your second post, I've forgotten how to do that but I was able to do it with the original messaging app as well I believe.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Handcent widget will display how many unread messages you have in a little green circle over the icon. The Handcent icon, although it looks exactly the same will not display how many unread messages you have.

Pure Messenger Widget might be what you're looking for Aluminum.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Missed call might be able to help as well. I just know that I was able to do it with either messaging app and after I uninstalled missed call (handcent lets you customize your notification and sms and mms was the only reason I had missed call) I couldn't make conversation widgets anymore.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
As far as I know it let's you select multiple messages at a time.

Edit: missed call does nothing with what you are trying to do.

Last edited:

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I wanna know how to do this too. One of my friends asked me how to do it because he saw it on someone else's droid. I told him to try the pop up window in handcent and he said that wasn't it and i never knew what he was talking about until now. How do we do this?

mach330

Reaction score
i wanna know how to do this as well. it seems like the background is a faded version of the home screen. i can't seem to figure out how to do this.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
How do I stop getting notifcations for texts from the stock text app and make handscent the default?

Also for the life of me I still can't figure out how to make a conversation widget

g8gt2012

Reaction score
How do I stop getting notifcations for texts from the stock text app and make handscent the default?

Also for the life of me I still can't figure out how to make a conversation widget

First question
A: Open the default messaging app, press the menu button, press settings, scroll down and uncheck notifications.

Second Question
A: I believe it is just for GDE.

raven1911

Reaction score

nAC.u.cs.png
To achieve this screen:
From your handcent screen hit menu>settings>conversation style> check IPhone
return to regular screen and hit menu>settings>bubble settings>use picture then select your picture you want. This should do it. You can go back into bubble setting and select your font colors and your bubble colors as well.

mach330

Reaction score

nAC.u.cs.png
To achieve this screen:
From your handcent screen hit menu>settings>conversation style> check IPhone
return to regular screen and hit menu>settings>bubble settings>use picture then select your picture you want. This should do it. You can go back into bubble setting and select your font colors and your bubble colors as well.

i've tried that, but it looks like from the pix above, they made the pix faded. i can do that by selecting a pix, but i think the pix above has a pix and faded. no?