Go straight to convo by first letter of name?

zsnowangel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

When I had just the basic droid sms installed and not handcent, if I had my list of convos open and pressed the first letter(s) of someone's name, it would find and go to that conversation.

For example, if I had a conversation in the list with someone named "Nick" and I started typing "n" "i" , etc., it would go to that conversation. Now with handcent, it doesnt. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you so much!

-Emily

J

Johnly

Hi everyone,

When I had just the basic droid sms installed and not handcent, if I had my list of convos open and pressed the first letter(s) of someone's name, it would find and go to that conversation.

For example, if I had a conversation in the list with someone named "Nick" and I started typing "n" "i" , etc., it would go to that conversation. Now with handcent, it doesnt. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you so much!

-Emily
Maybe? If not, email the dev, they listen, and can implement those updates!

OP
zsnowangel

zsnowangel

Reaction score
Thank you! ...what's a dev? Lol. I'm sorry I am so new...

OP
zsnowangel

zsnowangel

Reaction score
Oh wow... facepalm, huh? Lol.

Thank you again!

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
When Handcent is on the main page showing all conversations, tap the "menu" key. Gives you option of searching by name. (Not as simple as in the native sms app, but Handcent has so many other "pluses")...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
zsnowangel

zsnowangel

Reaction score
When Handcent is on the main page showing all conversations, tap the "menu" key. Gives you option of searching by name. (Not as simple as in the native sms app, but Handcent has so many other "pluses")...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hmm... definitely a negative when you're in a hurry, but I have yet to explore all the options of handcent so I'll give it a shot! Thanks!