Tech problems with Sapphire v 1.0.0

Ryank10909

Reaction score
Im trying to install the 125 - 1320 kernel of the sapphire v 1.0.0 and all goes well until the end and it boot loops on the moto symbol... i tried all 3 low, standard, and increasing. i have the 1 ghz right now and its working just fine. but none of the 1.3 ghz will work any ideas? I'm also using Rom manager and its all flashed to the most recent. and all back ups are done i wiped data and everything. I'm at a stand still here...

EnJoY

Reaction score
Im trying to install the 125 - 1320 kernel of the sapphire v 1.0.0 and all goes well until the end and it boot loops on the moto symbol... i tried all 3 low, standard, and increasing. i have the 1ghtz right now and its working just fine. but none of the 1.3 ghtz will work any ideas? I'm also using Rom manager and its all flashed to the most recent. and all back ups are done i wiped data and everything. I'm at a stand still here...

Probably because your phone can't run at 1320MHz?

Have you tried simply working your way up from 1000 to 1100, then 1200...etc etc? If it won't boot at a really high speed like that, it's because the chip can't do it.

Furthermore, you may be able to boot fine with say a 1250MHz kernel, but you may get force closes from time to time which will also mean your phone is not 100% stable at those speeds.

cc2iscool

Reaction score
Not all Droids can run at the same processor frequencies. Try dropping down a speed or two and see if it will boot there.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
what everyone else said ^^^

try the 1250 though. I'm running it.....

Keep in mind that you may have the same issue. Not all devices can run at that clock speed.

Samiam564

Reaction score
Wouldn't 1000 be enough for most anything?

The only application currently in the Market, that I am aware of, that can utilize properly anything above 1000Mhz is Google Earth.

Yeah I thought 1000 would be fine for most anything you can throw at it... And better battery life :)

P.S. I have been reading your Overclocking 101 thread... I must say it is amazing, I have learned a lot! Thanks for putting all of that together! dancedroid

jayman350

Reaction score
I wasn't able to load up the 1320 either. Actually the highest I can go is 1100 with my phone. Anything over 1100 and I'll start to get random fc's and reboots.

I would do what everyone else said, step up gradually and you will find your upper limit for what your phone can run.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys, 1320 is really high. I just wouldn't be surprised if your phone can't handle it. You are talking well over 100% overclock.

Skull One

Reaction score
Every Droid is sacred.
Every Droid is great.
If a Droid is Overclocked,
Verizon gets quite irate.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I tried 1100 yesterday with my droid on sapphire. It went great until I decided to go to the pool in the heat of the day. Phone got so hot I could barely pick it up and it wouldn't boot at all. I took it inside and cooled it down, then went back to 800 mhz. To be perfectly honest, using Launcherpro, I cannot tell a difference between running it at 1100 and 800. Only that my battery life sucked at 1100 with no noticable speedups in any apps other than useless benchmarks.

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
I tried 1100 yesterday with my droid on sapphire. It went great until I decided to go to the pool in the heat of the day. Phone got so hot I could barely pick it up and it wouldn't boot at all. I took it inside and cooled it down, then went back to 800 mhz. To be perfectly honest, using Launcherpro, I cannot tell a difference between running it at 1100 and 800. Only that my battery life sucked at 1100 with no noticable speedups in any apps other than useless benchmarks.

I'm currently running the 125-1200 right now, and its noticably faster, and bat. life is about the same, and temp. is perfect, if you get setCPU you can have it ondemand and it uses 1200 mhz when your using your phone and not all the time. below i have a snap shot of this morning i too of my phone running at 125 mhz, thats nothing! And not charging my phone all night, because it was full, and it just went to 90%

Attachments

• screenshot_2.png
    screenshot_2.png
    32 KB · Views: 211
OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
what everyone else said ^^^

try the 1250 though. I'm running it.....

Keep in mind that you may have the same issue. Not all devices can run at that clock speed.
I tried running the 1250, it had the same problem... Boot loop on moto screen.. so i went back into recovery, and manually found the 1200 again and installed that one, and poof... all better! i mean its fast, i honestly dont think i need any faster...

OP
Ryank10909

Ryank10909

Reaction score
Do you have setCPU on the market? if you do set it to ondemand, mine runs at 125 mhz until i use my phone...