Tag Home (Home Replacement)

les017

Reaction score
Been running this for 4 days as my default Home, and I can find no reason to go back to Helix. Tag is as fast or faster, has the 4 static shortcuts (with transparency) and the grouped apps drawer seals the deal. Page 1, grouped properly, is almost like having 16 1-click shortcuts at your disposal. And NO FC at all running SG6 at 1GHz LV...by far my favorite home app.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doing what I hate here. i.e. asking questions without investigating thoroughly....

() Does the app allow one to create new/eliminate existing app categories in the drawer?

() Can I substitute new apps/icons on the bottom of the screen?

les017

Reaction score
Doing what I hate here. i.e. asking questions without investigating thoroughly....

() Does the app allow one to create new/eliminate existing app categories in the drawer?

() Can I substitute new apps/icons on the bottom of the screen?

You SHOULD be ashamed LOL

Can't find a way to change/delete Categories.

Long press on static icon and a list of all of your apps will appear, allowing you to select which one you want in that position

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you can create new tags. I'm not sure if you can remove existing ones though. However they may not show up if they are empty. If they do, just put them to the end of the list lol.

Taegost

Reaction score
Yes you can create new tags. I'm not sure if you can remove existing ones though. However they may not show up if they are empty. If they do, just put them to the end of the list lol.

How do you create new ones? I haven't been able to figure it out. In truth, I haven't tried too hard, but it's not something that's immediately obvious ;)

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
To create a new tag:
==============
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Menu > Tag Add

To change the order of your tags:
======================
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Menu > Tag Order

To rename or delete a tag:
=================
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Select the tag you want to change on the bottom of the screen.
- Menu > Tag Remove or Tag Rename

Hope it helps.

dkelly701

Reaction score
======================
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Menu > Tag Order

Hope it helps.

I long press and drag it where I want it but it doesn't stay where I put it. What am I missing?

notamamasboy

Reaction score
the tabs on the bottom are completely white with off-white text, I am having a hard time reading them... Could it be that I'm using Dark Edge?

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine had black text until I installed DE. Now I can't read them at all lol

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't anymore but I figured I could help out those that do since I used it for a while. Right now I go back and forth between LauncherPro and ADW. Both are nice. LP is faster but ADW has more features and I like how it looks.

Taegost

Reaction score
To create a new tag:
==============
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Menu > Tag Add

======================
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Menu > Tag Order

To rename or delete a tag:
=================
- Open App Drawer
- Menu > Edit Mode
- Select the tag you want to change on the bottom of the screen.
- Menu > Tag Remove or Tag Rename

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much! I never thought to hit the menu button a second time after going into Edit Mode...
In hindsight, it is relatively obvious :)

bhall238

Reaction score
Just curious, is this home replacement for rooted phones? I'm asking because I see several posting with different roms/mods listed. I have a stock 2.1 motorola droid, will this work for me? Rooting/hacking my phone is scary to me. :icon_eek:

Is there a way to see a list of all the home screen launchers that are out there? I am using HelixLauncher at the moment. Thanks.

Taegost

Reaction score
Just curious, is this home replacement for rooted phones? I'm asking because I see several posting with different roms/mods listed. I have a stock 2.1 motorola droid, will this work for me? Rooting/hacking my phone is scary to me. :icon_eek:

Is there a way to see a list of all the home screen launchers that are out there? I am using HelixLauncher at the moment. Thanks.

The thread mentioned a few posts up has a list of launchers I believe, but I've only glanced at it once.
Tag Home will work for non-rooted phones, we just like to play a bit :)
Everything I mention in my signature I think is awesome and I have it there to give a shout out to the devs.

Last edited: