Tag Home (Home Replacement)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting one I found this morning in the market. It is free and so far seems pretty promising.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have many options. It does however have some nice features:

- 4 Quick Shortcuts next to app tab (like Helix)
- 5 screens
- Orientation Settings (Portrait, Landscape, Auto)
- Transparency Settings for all onscreen Home elements (screen indicators, apps tab, quick shortcuts)

and the most original of all:

- Apps can all be tagged and your app drawer has tabs for each tag. So your app drawer can have Games, Multimedia, etc.

So far I'm liking it!

Edit: Here is the Androlib link for it: http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-stain46-taghome-CBqA.aspx

I'll take some screenshots of it on my phone.

Edit 2: Here are a couple screenshots.

1) I made the screen indicators, tab, and shortcut icons fairly transparent and the background for the icons 100% transparent.
d28eaaa9.png

2) Here is my Games tab. You can see them all listed at the bottom, that list is scrollable left/right.
259945d2.png

Note: Tag Home does not make your taskbar black or change your wallpaper to skulls or give you Beautiful Widgets, those were all added by me. :p

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
This is an interesting one I found this morning in the market. It is free and so far seems pretty promising.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have many options. It does however have some nice features:

- 4 Quick Shortcuts next to app tab (like Helix)
- 5 screens
- Orientation Settings (Portrait, Landscape, Auto)
- Transparency Settings for all onscreen Home elements (screen indicators, apps tab, quick shortcuts)

and the most original of all:

- Apps can all be tagged and your app drawer has tabs for each tag. So your app drawer can have Games, Multimedia, etc.

So far I'm liking it!

Edit: Here is the Androlib link for it: Tag Home v1.7 Application for Android | Productivity

I'll take some screenshots of it on my phone.

Screenshot?
:D

duh i just read your last line.
lmao

Last edited:

posprg

Reaction score
Tag Home

Well the killer for me is the wasted space at the top for the screen buttons shortcuts. You can make them transparent but you cannot put anything on top of them.

armeddroid

Reaction score
hmm
interesting...added it to the HOME APPLICATIONs thread...right now using SLIDESCREEN, gonna try this one next.
thanks, Gardobus!

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like it.
Gracias amigo. :)
de nada
handshake.gif

Well the killer for me is the wasted space at the top for the screen buttons shortcuts. You can make them transparent but you cannot put anything on top of them.
Yeah they seem a little odd, but the transparency and the fact that you can still put the same number of icons on the screen makes it fine to me. I hope they add the option of disabling them in the future though.
hmm
interesting...added it to the HOME APPLICATIONs thread...right now using SLIDESCREEN, gonna try this one next.
thanks, Gardobus!
No problemo. :D

motodroid34

Reaction score
Ok one think I noticed is that I can not get my gmail stareed ones on the home screen (short cut) I get a force close each time I try.
any one else with this problem?

Last edited:
OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just put GMail in one of the spots next to my applications tab as well as a shortcut on the homescreen itself and both work fine.

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just figured out a couple handy things:

When in an apps tab (Games for example), press Menu > Edit Mode and then Menu > Tag to Folder and it makes a folder on your homescreen called "Games" with all those apps in it. Handy.

Also when in Edit Mode, you can long press an app to see its info, clear defaults, uninstall, etc all in a handy pop up.

As for my black notification bar, it is part of the Clean Looks themed version of CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2.

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update just came through the market! You can now change the Workspace Dot style! You can choose between:

Big:
d28eaaa9.png

Small:
29e09e46.jpg

None:
f1808828.jpg

Liking it even more now!

motodroid34

Reaction score
Update just came through the market! You can now change the Workspace Dot style! You can choose between:

Big:
d28eaaa9.png

Small:
29e09e46.jpg

None:
f1808828.jpg

Liking it even more now!

How do I do that??

Guys I got my Gmail starreds problem resolved.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroid:icon_eek:dancedroid:icon_eek::icon_ banana:

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you fixed your gmail :D

To change that, first make sure you update from the market, then from your home screen press Menu > Option and then choose Workspace Dot.