Stuck after 2.1 upgrade.

ironfoxx

Reaction score
Stuck in boot loop with Moto icon. Fixed via Re-Update

This is my first post on these forums so ya'll have to forgive me, I might not be up to all the jive that's going on :)

Earlier this week, I received the update via the system and began to update my Droid to firmware version 2.1-update1, but alas my phone decided to not install correctly, resulting in me being stuck in a boot loop only showing the Motorola icon.

However, not being too discouraged (more mad than anything) I proceeded to enter the recovery console and try to do a Factory reset upon my phone, but this did not fix the issue either.

I then went out and bought a miniSD Adapter to put my phones miniSD card into my computers card reader, and then added the files to do a manual update to the newest version, opened recovery console and updated from there. With that it fixed the issue with my phone and I am back up and running.

So, in case anyone wants to try this way of fixing their phone, this is a recap on what I did:

1.Download signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip via How-To: Manually update your Verizon Droid to Android 2.1
2. Follow the instructions on the website.
3. Restart when finished
4. And voila! You are back up and running

Good luck and I hope it works!

Last edited: