Please Help.....!!!

moselbee

Reaction score
OK! Have a new moto droid, came with 2.1 software from Verizon. Wanted to root... so I simply went did a recovery boot, tried to wipe data factory reset and then reboot phone, now i am stuck in a loop. I can get into the recovery no problem. I can't get any farther. If i turn the phone on it loads up the red droid eye and then white "Droid" then the red eye and white "droid" and will not allow me to turn off the phone unless I do a battery pull. I am at a loss what to do. Battery is % charged, i have nothing on it to care that was lost, just need to know how to get out of the loop. I have the drivers but bc when i try to hold down the gold key, it just reboots to the crazy screen, I am lost. Thanks for any help!

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
trying

OK, i have done this, where I am at is this... I can't get my droid to see the RSD... I hold the up on the gold pad, but it immediately goes to the red eye, then the white "droid" and continues to do this... IDK how to make the rsd communicate with the droid so I can use it!??! I am on windows 7, i held the shift alt key when i open it to run with administrator rights!?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok pull the battery, put it back in then hold up and power on. See if that helps. If your not at the bootloader rsd won't see it.

blackngray70

Reaction score
are you holding the phone sideways or up and down while holding up on the d pad?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
Right, I can't get to the bootloader screen... as soon as I put the batter in (bc it is connected to the pc, i don't have to hit the power button it starts to boot and almost immediately goes to the droid. I can't get it into recovery but not the bootloader?

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
Pushing the gold pad towards the phone, so I guess sideways....The narrow part. also the white droid words shows before the red eye, then just loops until I take the battery out..

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
ok.... idk what i did or didn't do.. but it just got me to the boot loader only been trying for 3 hrs... give me a few....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok.... idk what i did or didn't do.. but it just got me to the boot loader only been trying for 3 hrs... give me a few....

For future reference up on the dpad mean towards the screen. Or if holding phone upright it pressing right. If you get in a bootloop like that unplug it from a power source so it doesn't automatically turn on, make it a little easier on yourself.

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
OK... sorry, which sbf from droidmod do i use? i kinda new with this and i don't think i can handle another crisis at the moment..

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
Right one?

SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf... If so I am getting closer...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sorry if I don't answer so quick, on my phone at work right now. So rest assured I'm still around if I don't answer in a few minutes.

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!! I have been reading for only about 5 hrs trying to figure it out before I asked any questions so I am getting ancy i guess.. And its my daughters phone and she will be up in about an hr and if i broke it wooah what kind of trouble this would be. Too much headache so early from a 17 year old... goodness... I just wanted to put a gps prog on the phone bc the droid isn't an approved phone that verizon will allow the parental controls on, not have to panic like i did. thanks you so much, I am sure that this won't be the last question I have, but I promise I will be asking much sooner next time....:icon_ banana: