rooted stock 2.1?

droidchickohnoes

Reaction score
I have been playing with mods, and themes and what have you and then making a nandroid backup of the ones I liked with my settings. My idea was to have a good settings back up of UD+reds theme, UD6 stock, and stock 2.1.. Well I have no issues installing update.zip's of any rom and making a backup, but when I try to install the 2.1 update.zip it says error, status 7 or 31, possibly both on different occasions.

How would you revert back to a stock 2.1 if you have a rooted + modded moto droid?

I still want to keep my SU access, but just the plain 2.1 stock mod so I can make a backup of it.

I used Easy Root to root my phone, and clockwork recovery for all update installs.

OP
droidchickohnoes

droidchickohnoes

Reaction score
I have been playing with mods, and themes and what have you and then making a nandroid backup of the ones I liked with my settings. My idea was to have a good settings back up of UD+reds theme, UD6 stock, and stock 2.1.. Well I have no issues installing update.zip's of any rom and making a backup, but when I try to install the 2.1 update.zip it says error, status 7 or 31, possibly both on different occasions.

How would you revert back to a stock 2.1 if you have a rooted + modded moto droid?

I still want to keep my SU access, but just the plain 2.1 stock mod so I can make a backup of it.

I used Easy Root to root my phone, and clockwork recovery for all update installs.

So I think I may have solved this one all by my lonesome :D

I think I was using the the actual update itself when I needed the one that is already rooted. Makes sense being that my phone is rooted that it doesnt want to load a stock update.

Found a rooted 2.2 update on these forums and it worked just fine.

:D

/SOLVED