Laggy Droid since 2.1

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ever since updating to 2.1 my droid is laggy. On 2.01 it was never slow to respond and I think I had to only do one or two battery pulls since the phone came out. Since 2.1 I have had to do about 10 battery pulls already for because the phone is either laggy or completely locked up. I am thinking the next step for me may be to completely do a factory reset and then go back and reinstall all my apps. Is there a good backup program that will back up all my apps and settings first?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever since updating to 2.1 my droid is laggy. On 2.01 it was never slow to respond and I think I had to only do one or two battery pulls since the phone came out. Since 2.1 I have had to do about 10 battery pulls already for because the phone is either laggy or completely locked up. I am thinking the next step for me may be to completely do a factory reset and then go back and reinstall all my apps. Is there a good backup program that will back up all my apps and settings first?

Do the soft factory reset. That should take care of any issues you have. Also take a look at the live wallpaper you are using. Some of them are indeed causing issues, I use the water one and I have no problems.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am not using any Live wallpapers ATM. What is the diff between the soft reset and the full blown factory reset? I thought a soft reset was just the battery pull? Also do you think Helix Launcher can be a problem? Maybe I will disable it and go back to the factory home screen and see if that helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not using any Live wallpapers ATM. What is the diff between the soft reset and the full blown factory reset? I thought a soft reset was just the battery pull? Also do you think Helix Launcher can be a problem? Maybe I will disable it and go back to the factory home screen and see if that helps.

Soft reset is done by going to settings/privacy/factory reset. The goal of the battery pull is to allow the capacitors to discharge. If you pulled your battery and put it right back in then you might want to try it one more time but make sure you pull it for a full 30 seconds.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok I will try another battery pull first and then I might remove the Helix launcher before I do the Factory reset.