Please Help.....!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
THANK YOU!!!! I have been reading for only about 5 hrs trying to figure it out before I asked any questions so I am getting ancy i guess.. And its my daughters phone and she will be up in about an hr and if i broke it wooah what kind of trouble this would be. Too much headache so early from a 17 year old... goodness... I just wanted to put a gps prog on the phone bc the droid isn't an approved phone that verizon will allow the parental controls on, not have to panic like i did. thanks you so much, I am sure that this won't be the last question I have, but I promise I will be asking much sooner next time....:icon_ banana:

Hey no problem. As long as you're up and running its all good.

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
I guess I might be to excited to soon. It goes through loading it, then the RDS goes though everything like I believe it should, then it tells me to manually start the phone, the problem is the phone has already rebooted and is stuck on that loop and will go no further. I can't power it off becasue its stuck in that loop, and the process won't go to completed like telling me I can' unplug it or anything just says 100% but in process still and wants me to power on?! Any suggestions?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I guess I might be to excited to soon. It goes through loading it, then the RDS goes though everything like I believe it should, then it tells me to manually start the phone, the problem is the phone has already rebooted and is stuck on that loop and will go no further. I can't power it off becasue its stuck in that loop, and the process won't go to completed like telling me I can' unplug it or anything just says 100% but in process still and wants me to power on?! Any suggestions?

Unplug it and pull the battery, put it back then see if it'll restart.

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
OK.... I tried it by going to verizons sbf from the web site origianl....and it is back to the factory settings... Now Should I try to go which route to root?! It has 2.0 softwear on it...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Are you sure you got to the bootloader? Should be all black except some words on left side.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yes it said bootloader on the top left, but I tried it 3x and everytime it would go through it all, then when the RSD rebooted, it would just loop. After I did the VSZ file it is @ 2.0. Now I just want to root to be able to put a gps, kid watching type device on it without her being able to turn off. That was my entire quest when I started this at 10pm last night.. its now almost 5:30 AM! GRRRR teenagers!

Ok so are you up and running now? And why do you need to root for this?

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
Because on our old phone verizon did it for me, and there was no way for her to turn it off... from my understanding unless u root i can't locate a program that will run in stealth that will not be able to be turned off by her. I am a single mom, and she is 17, I need to know she is where she says she is as a peace of mind for me. I have had family located on our phones and am spoiled, but it is not available for the droid through verizon... And we are wanting to be able to tether. Thats the big reasons...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Because on our old phone verizon did it for me, and there was no way for her to turn it off... from my understanding unless u root i can't locate a program that will run in stealth that will not be able to be turned off by her. I am a single mom, and she is 17, I need to know she is where she says she is as a peace of mind for me. I have had family located on our phones and am spoiled, but it is not available for the droid through verizon... And we are wanting to be able to tether. Thats the big reasons...

Good reasons. I don't know about running a stealth program though. Have you tried the family locator app in the market? Its 10 bucks but might work for ya.

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
Don't I have to root if I want to be able to Tether? I have not tried it, I was going to give mobile defense a try - I read on another board that you can run it in stealth mode so that only the installer can turn it off?! or if it was stolen then the thief couldn't disable it.. but it had to be rooted... I am being prompted to update to 2.1, now my question is should I do this then root or root from the 2.0 that I am currently at? I did another one and had no problems, this one is killing me, idk what I am doing so wrong.

You will need to go to www.mobiledefense.com and create an account. The program deletes itself from your app drawer so people wont see the icon. It doesn't run all the time, it is activated by a text message sent to your phone from the mobile defense website when you activate the location finder.

The advantages of having root are that with root access you can make the program a system app, where it will not be able to be deleted by uninstalling via normal methods. Also, you are able to hide the text message that will be sent to your phone when accessing it over the internet.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Don't I have to root if I want to be able to Tether? I have not tried it, I was going to give mobile defense a try - I read on another board that you can run it in stealth mode so that only the installer can turn it off?! or if it was stolen then the thief couldn't disable it.. but it had to be rooted... I am being prompted to update to 2.1, now my question is should I do this then root or root from the 2.0 that I am currently at? I did another one and had no problems, this one is killing me, idk what I am doing so wrong.

To tether yes you need root. As far as mobile defense I haven't tried it. Don't. Take the update. Are you on 2.0 or 2.0.1?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think you need to be on 2.0.1. How did you root originally?

OP
moselbee

moselbee

Reaction score
Welll... this is part of my problem I did it for my sister b4 the 2.1 was out, and she was on 2.01 and i just followed the instructions on the forum and it went perfect and i had no problems at all. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly so I don't have to undo any more of my work...:icon_eek:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Welll... this is part of my problem I did it for my sister b4 the 2.1 was out, and she was on 2.01 and i just followed the instructions on the forum and it went perfect and i had no problems at all. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly so I don't have to undo any more of my work...:icon_eek:

You can try dmupdater to see if that will root you quickly. You can get it from droidmod.org. not sure if it will work on 2.0.