Steve Jobs insults Google's Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arachnyd

Reaction score
This is a good metaphor for Apple in general. What does Steve Jobs consider to be an "evil" act according to his statement?

Competing with Apple.

tktouch12

Reaction score
hahaha. wow steve. so, he crossed into the phone buisness. how does motorola feel about that (with the razr and such)? he was supposed to stay with computers. OH SNAP. seriously, its true. technically motorola (and htc) were making phones before his company was

M Diddy

Reaction score
Everyone needs to leave Stevie alone. He's a little guy surrounded by giants (M$ and Google), naturally he's defensive. But seriously, this kind of friendly (or not) competition is what spurs innovation. I'll stop there before my soapbox gets too high.

Uh, Apple's Market Cap is higher than Googles' and not terribly far behind MS. As much as I dislike Apple as a tech, the company has its' **** together. You have to give them that.

Google is technically the smallest of the three....

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for them to enter the computer business. I'm trying to think how many of my friends have macs, compared to how many have PCs.. in fact, I'm on a floor right now that has easily over 250 computers, and I don't see 1 Mac.

How many of your friends drive a Ferrari compared to a Honda Civic? Considering Apple was #4 in computer sales for all over 2009 (US of course), and only having roughly 8-10% of the market, I think they are doing just fine.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple does spur competition though, which i love. without Apple's Iphone, we wouldn't have Android IMO

Or a weak imitation...I agree that the competition is good. However, Jobs seems like the kind of kid that will hold his breath until he gets his way or he will take his football and go home! :icon_ banana:

You might want to check Steve Jobs' biography. His impact on technology over the last 30+ years hardly suggests someone unwilling to play the game.

holdout

Reaction score
If Jobs is worried someone is trying to kill the iphone he needs to go after At&T

hbah427

Reaction score
"Make no mistake: they want to kill the iPhone. We won’t let them."

lol @ the guy who thinks the universe revolves around him.

Sure.

Google entered the phone market with the single intention of taking down his little phone.

Steve....I bet you think this song is about you....

He's so vain. I bet he thinks this song is about him, doesn't he, doesn't he.

I'm paraphrasing of course.

wil318466

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for them to enter the computer business. I'm trying to think how many of my friends have macs, compared to how many have PCs.. in fact, I'm on a floor right now that has easily over 250 computers, and I don't see 1 Mac.

How many of your friends drive a Ferrari compared to a Honda Civic? Considering Apple was #4 in computer sales for all over 2009 (US of course), and only having roughly 8-10% of the market, I think they are doing just fine.

I would say that you are correct in your analogy except that a Mac is by no stetch of any imagination a Ferrari compared to a Honda Civic.

Apple makes up less than 9% of PC market share.

-Wil

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Steve job, he should worry about getting that ipad squared away. How do you have the world watching your device to see a big blue cube. On this forum along people have found devices better than the ipad (ARCHOS)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he already bought a Nexus One or a Droid for evrey Apple employee so they can learn how a phone should be made .

Status
Not open for further replies.