Steve Jobs Hated Android So Much He Vowed to Destroy It

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummm everything he said in that clip you just posted is true, for the most part. He is selling his own product, what else do you expect him to say? Nothing he said was a lie or slanderous really. You are digging for something that isn't there with that post, sorry.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
If IBM bought Windows, it would not be where it is today (think OS/2). Thank goodness for small miracles.
I know right, thankfully they didn't get all upset when they were laughed at and instead decided to show them how wrong they were.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so what about the new iOS5 notification bar thingy? or the imessage thing that's like BBM.... I have only one apple product, it's an old Apple2 that's in a case in my garage. so I don't know some of the features on the new apple products... I do know I've never liked them.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
so what about the new iOS5 notification bar thingy? or the imessage thing that's like BBM.... I have only one apple product, it's an old Apple2 that's in a case in my garage. so I don't know some of the features on the new apple products... I do know I've never liked them.

Yeah they certainly added these things based off the popularity of them elsewhere, but I also don't remember Apple saying they invented either of them, although people here will lead you to believe otherwise. Here's a shocker, Android didn't invent everything in their OS either. OMGGGGGGGGGG ;)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah they certainly added these things based off the popularity of them elsewhere, but I also don't remember Apple saying they invented either of them,

They just make it better. :happy:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah they certainly added these things based off the popularity of them elsewhere, but I also don't remember Apple saying they invented either of them, although people here will lead you to believe otherwise. Here's a shocker, Android didn't invent everything in their OS either. OMGGGGGGGGGG ;)

yup, and isn't one of the greatest compliments emulating, or copying someone? that's what I was always told.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
They just make it better. :happy:

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's all marketing though, I don't get why people get so angry with their marketing. Android does the same thing, as they should, as should anyone who ever wants to sell a product. You don't put something out on the market and just think "well I hope it sells well, golly gee that would be swell". No you put it out there with the intention of it being the best thing available, no matter what it is.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
yup, and isn't one of the greatest compliments emulating, or copying someone? that's what I was always told.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think it sounds good in theory, but not in practice.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's all marketing though, I don't get why people get so angry with their marketing. Android does the same thing, as they should, as should anyone who ever wants to sell a product. You don't put something out on the market and just think "well I hope it sells well, golly gee that would be swell". No you put it out there with the intention of it being the best thing available, no matter what it is.

This thread has nothing to do with Apple's marketing strategy; it has specifically to do with Steve Jobs going on tirades about how he was going to destroy Android for stealing from Apple when Apple does the exact same thing, i.e., emulating features from other devices and OSs that it finds favorable. A good company innovates when it can and adapts to the marketplace by integrating the great features that the competition offers when it can't; that's just business. For Steve Jobs to take issue with it the way he did was both laughable and hypocritical.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread has nothing to do with Apple's marketing strategy; it has specifically to do with Steve Jobs going on tirades about how he was going to destroy Android for stealing from Apple when Apple does the exact same thing, i.e., emulating features from other devices and OSs that it finds favorable. A good company innovates when it can and adapts to the marketplace by integrating the great features that the competition offers when it can't; that's just business. For Steve Jobs to take issue with it the way he did was both laughable and hypocritical.

they all do it, every OEM, how is it any different than Samsung blatantly ripping off iOS but yet they say their innocent but no one cares about that but because it's Apple it's world headline news.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a ton of pots calling many many kettles black in business, specifically people who proclaim "death to Apple" in many different forms now taking issue with Steve Jobs saying the exact same thing. Jobs, if he did say these things, was acting like a whiny little girl, I can say that but people are taking issue with this when I have seen stuff like this and much worse said about him and his company.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
life didn't flash before his eyes .. apple doesn't support flash

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums