Google's CEO Larry Page Believes Steve Jobs' Android Hate was just 'for show.'

pc747

Regular Member
Rescue Squad
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
25,466
Reaction score
6,892
Android is for folks who can think and can figure things out and want options.
Apple isn't.

????

I did not realize android was so hard to figure out. And if I remember apple has jailbreak.

[video=youtube;DJc2ajzVnsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJc2ajzVnsk&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;100rHsKwdmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100rHsKwdmA[/video]

[video=youtube;vmjkxPvSxg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmjkxPvSxg8[/video]
 

TatDroid

Active Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
889
Reaction score
184
When are people going to realize that competition is good. That choice is good. That both iOS and Android serve a purpose. That both operating systems are better because the other exists.

Why does one have to be good, and the other evil? Can't we just see the good in both and just make the decision of which one is best for us - without feeling the need to hate on those that make another choice because their needs may be different than ours?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
 

52brandon

Active Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
19
as much as I prefer Android to Apple. I like and respect Jobs. His "beef" with MS was for show, the same thing with google wouldn't be much of a surprise
 

yaterml

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
315
Reaction score
9
Here is some food for thought, when Apple and Microsoft were at each others throats Steve and Bill acted like over the top jerks to each other, and but in reality they were best friends and Bill even forked up the money to save Apple. If not for Gates we wouldn't have the iPhone! Now Microsoft struggles in vane to catch up because they are too diversified and one or more products suffer. Google is a similar story, and but this is how can we keep competition to make it took like a fight while they attempt to take over the world! Steve passed away before we saw the fruits of his plan, and but Apple will be served their just desserts because the next in line took his "last big quote" too serious.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
 

NoBloatware

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
744
Reaction score
11
> That's not the topic...

This thread is about Page's reaction to Jobs' threat. I say Page is too nice and Jobs is a slimeball. I'd say I'm on topic.

> apple has jailbreak.

Apple doesn't want you to jailbreak though...to bypass iTunes, to install what you like. The defense of Apple on this message board is a joke.

> Why does one have to be good and the other evil?

A better question is what good is a world where criticism is labeled "hate"? Just because it makes you feel good or jibes with some religious ideal doesn't make it good for society and the future. It'll all come around again though. The BS can only be piled so high before it will collapse. If you deny anything that is negative and call it "hate" then you deny a lot of truth.

Relatively speaking though, I do agree that Apple is evil and Android is good.
 

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
6,436
Reaction score
313
Location
TX
> That's not the topic...

This thread is about Page's reaction to Jobs' threat. I say Page is too nice and Jobs is a slimeball. I'd say I'm on topic.

> apple has jailbreak.

Apple doesn't want you to jailbreak though...to bypass iTunes, to install what you like. The defense of Apple on this message board is a joke.

> Why does one have to be good and the other evil?

A better question is what good is a world where criticism is labeled "hate"? Just because it makes you feel good or jibes with some religious ideal doesn't make it good for society and the future. It'll all come around again though. The BS can only be piled so high before it will collapse. If you deny anything that is negative and call it "hate" then you deny a lot of truth.

Relatively speaking though, I do agree that Apple is evil and Android is good.

"Jobs slimeball: yes or no?" - That is NOT the topic of this thread, as you previously stated. Look at the last question of the OP - that is the topic.

"...criticism is labeled hate" "...deny anything that is negative and call it "hate"" - I would like to temporarily point out that, until I edited it, your initial post in this thread said "F Jobs" and "I hope he rots", along with everything else still there. That is the premise and tone you set for yourself in this thread, and honestly you continued that tone throughout. Are you being critical? Sure thing. Is criticism ok? You bet - in a respectful and constructive manner. But your criticism is tainted with a biased hatred and disrespect towards a man you didn't even know personally. We're not denying anything negative; you're coming into this discussion with an obvious bias that's not allowing you to hear or see any other points of view, and not allowing you to productively contribute to the discussion.
 

marlonvps

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Honestly, enough about Steve! Let him rest. He wasn't a god, just a good businessman. Not even a particularly good human (where's his philanthropic legacy?).
 

NoBloatware

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
744
Reaction score
11
You edit my comment and yet post a direct quote from it in your own? How does that make sense? Why can you quote it but I can't have it in my post?

Furthermore, the way people around here can't stand "haters" is ridiculously ignorant. I have been giving specific examples as criticisms. The response is basically "shut up/don't hate". Well guess what, I will shut up. You guys who run these forums can just let the "positivity" pile up as high as you can and then wallow in it.

The sad part about all of this is that my criticisms of Apple and Jobs are from the heart. I used to be big fans of both just like I used to be a fan of this forum.
 

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
6,436
Reaction score
313
Location
TX
I said temporarily, which meant I would edit my own quotes later. It was to make a point that you set yourself up with a pretty bad "undertone" to all of your comments.

And it's not about criticism, you'll find that all over the forum. It's about being disrespectful and, honestly, hateful to another human for no reason. "From the heart" does not justify saying anything you want in any fashion you want.
 

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
3,327
Reaction score
63
Location
Hampton Falls, NH
You edit my comment and yet post a direct quote from it in your own? How does that make sense? Why can you quote it but I can't have it in my post?

Furthermore, the way people around here can't stand "haters" is ridiculously ignorant. I have been giving specific examples as criticisms. The response is basically "shut up/don't hate". Well guess what, I will shut up. You guys who run these forums can just let the "positivity" pile up as high as you can and then wallow in it.

The sad part about all of this is that my criticisms of Apple and Jobs are from the heart. I used to be big fans of both just like I used to be a fan of this forum.

You haven't posted anything to back up your criticism actually. You just keep trying to spew out some philosophical garbage that honestly is every bit and more ridiculous than you claim we are being. I am sure you have been around this forum long enough to have read any one of my rants on the Android and Apple thing so I don't need to keep regurgitating the same crap. And I'm also not going to be baited into an argument just to fuel your massive ego and how right and holy you think you are. Take your vigilante approach elsewhere.....
 

droidpower

New Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I read the book and I wouldn't say it was for show... he also saw Bill Gates as a friend, but he hated Microsoft and everything it stood for... I think it's Larry's statment that's for show..

Gosh, what a larry!
 

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
3,327
Reaction score
63
Location
Hampton Falls, NH
I read the book and I wouldn't say it was for show... he also saw Bill Gates as a friend, but he hated Microsoft and everything it stood for... I think it's Larry's statment that's for show..

Gosh, what a larry!

I think that's somewhat true, I think Page was probably being reverent of Jobs because of his passing but I also think what he said was somewhat true. Jobs was the ultimate competitor, he hated competition and hated playing second fiddle to anyone. So naturally he would at least have some disdain for the companies who fought against him. I don't think that means he hated Gates or Page, just their companies, haha.
 

czerdrill

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
4,825
Reaction score
12
Itt: an insecure Android user that is desperately trying to prove to others that he is smarter than others because of his smartphone choice.

This stuff never ends. Get over it already, you're not smarter because you own Android devices. Why do people really believe that crap?

On topic, reading the jobs biography i get the feeling it wasn't just for show as it does seem like jobs was pretty upset about it. At the same time though i also don't think it was as crazy as the media makes it seem. Jobs thought Android was a ripoff and was upset about it, sure, but I'm sure it didn't envelope his entire life like some might say.

I think Larry page was being pc, which is the only thing he can do. Not like he's going to insult jobs when he can't defend himself.
 
Top