Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet

J

JohnDroid

From: Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet - Apple iSlate Forum

As some of you are aware Apple released their 4th quarter results today after the trading day closed. Apple set record profit of $3.38B on record revenue. We'll get into the numbers a bit more deeply but in our opinion the most telling aspect of the conference call was this quote by Steve Jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
If you annualize our quarterly revenue, it's surprising that Apple is now a $50+ billion company... The new products we are planning to release this year are very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we're really excited about.
He isn't known to mince words about future Apple products unless he has something to back it up. The fact that he said "major new product" tells me it's not a rehash or upgrade or new network carrier, but a product that is significantly different from anything they offer to call it a "major new product".

Overall, Apple is firing on all cylinders without question. The only category of product that was down are iPod sales (down 8% year over year) but computer sales are up 33% and iPhone sales are up over 100%.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Someone is gonna find someway to sue apple sooner or later just wait...Apple will fall:icon_eek:

tktouch12

Reaction score
ipod sales are down 8% thanks to droids and phones that play music/videos. i rarely ever use my itouch anymore.
but thats great to know for people who want one

mach330

Reaction score
can't wait for wed...iSlate.

i'm still hopefully they will say something about the iphone 4G for vzw so i'll know what to do when the n1 comes out in spring (basically wait if iphone will be at vzw). but i am concerned that the 3g might go down for vzw once all the iphone fanbois switches to vzw. catch 22 for me...

OP
J

JohnDroid

ipod sales are down 8% thanks to droids and phones that play music/videos. i rarely ever use my itouch anymore.
but thats great to know for people who want one

I couldn't agree more. Since I got my Droid I haven't touched my iPod Touch ONCE.

So, I don't see the iPod sales being down as a bad thing. Lose 8% in that area but gain 100% in the other... not much of a loss :)

can't wait for wed...iSlate.

i'm still hopefully they will say something about the iphone 4G for vzw so i'll know what to do when the n1 comes out in spring (basically wait if iphone will be at vzw). but i am concerned that the 3g might go down for vzw once all the iphone fanbois switches to vzw. catch 22 for me...

Even if they don't announce the iPhone going to Verizon we might be OK. Imagine, if they announce that the iSlate (or whatever) works with Verizon, that pretty much all but guarantees that Verizon will be tapped for the next iPhone. So, I expect good news one way or the other on Wednesday.

What are you waiting for, register over there ASAP :)

Apple iSlate Forum

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sold my iPod Tough 3g the week that the Droid was released, but I still love my Mac and will never go back to a PC. Apple is an amazing company that isn't showing any signs of slowing down.

jnd121

Reaction score
I've been a fan of Apple for as long as I can remember. I bought the Droid since I would never switch to AT&T, but since I got it I have not touched my iPod Touch. However, it would be cool if Verizon got some new Apple products...

NVash

Reaction score
I have both, a Mac laptop and a PC desktop. My old PC laptops screen died. I prefer my PC any day of the week. My iTouch I only recently started using again after realizing that I had a book half read on Stanza. Sure, I could transfer it to my Droid, but I had no clue what page I was on. So I figured Id finish it on the iTouch, which got me using it again. And speaking of the iTouch, without Stanza I much prefer using my 120GB Classic.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The iSlate/iTablet is going to be announced with a launch of VZW I'm guessing. I don't think Apple wants to risk the 3g issues with AT&T on this one. The data usage on a tablet, my guess, will dwarf iPhone data usage. I'm sure AT&T will have the iSlate/iTablet but it won't surprise me to see VZW step in. Especially with all the talk about the exclusivity agreement between Apple and AT&T running out soon.
If the iSlate/iTablet comes to VZW.... we will most certainly see the iPhone follow. I can't imagine Apple only offering certain products.... plus taking iPhones onto VZW would relieve some of the complaints with dropped service and AT&T. AT&T's network would also receive a much needed 'break' in iPhone data demands if another carrier offered the phone. Just IMO. :)