[THEME] Steel Droid Compatible Themes

OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I personally think there wouldn't be an issue without direct links to the download... that way everyone that decides to download knows it was technically made for another build. Say something has been updated and is no longer supported by the d3 Rom... we would get threads flooded by comments asking why their phone wont boot... for instance when I update a theme I typically remove the link to the older version. Let me know which Themes work for you and I will make a separate directory and download particular to those... however I can not support due to not having a D3 to test on. But I will make them available on a separate branch then the updates for the Bionic. I'm just trying to make sure that every thing available has been tested per build. I think Xkape was probably just most upset due to direct download links without some sorta heads up. The android community is all about sharing! But a heads up would've been awesome!...

I had taken down the download links in the past but people requested that I put them back up, I guess I'll go back and remove the links again. I've been keeping up with the versions and all, and I used their own download links they provided.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The direct link may not be as bad thinking about it some more... if someone is directed to my thread for example... most would download the newest! Even if it hasn't been tested by yourself... As long as you're testing the builds its fine... but I still think a heads up wouldn've been nice...

thats in the past now though! to all the D3 users that the Bionic themes work for enjoy! :)
make sure to click installed on the main thread and don't tell us if it doesn't lol.. jk.. I don't mind trying to help out.. but I don't have a D3 to do true troubleshooting.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yonner.. are you the OP? My post is gone but im sure you saw it.. All I ask buddy is that you just give me a heads up. I aint mad at ya. I like the collaboration and the spreading of things people like.. I just need to know this kind of stuff in advance so things aren't "coming out of left field" ya know? Talk to me.. and others... perhaps theres even more that you dont know about. Like Versatile and I making a Go theme, im working with lifebegins (EmericanX) to make a first ever blur transparent dialer, phone and contacts (for the Bionic.. but that means the D3 as well I thik).. etc..

We all come here because we enjoy our phones and its a fun hobby. If we work together, information will never be lost and more things can happen!

Last edited:
OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Welp either way lesson learned. I've removed the direct download links although, I did accidentally delete the one that MBK gave me for a Steel Droid Version of Bionic Blu, and I didn't have it saved. :(

If you ever need help testing stuff for a D3 port or anything, I'm a PM away.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
and on the same hand... if you see a project going on you would like to test out for the d3... I'm around!...

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Did I miss something? What happeded to the posts above? Someone post something inappropriate?

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope... everythings good! Its all been sorted out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
everythings good! Its all been sorted out.

Yep. And didn't even have to use the AK
5kSkh.jpg

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yep it was me.. but its water under the bridge now.. everyones on the same side

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think its time to get back in the game. Installing your ROM now Chev, if I like it, Ill theme it :icon_ banana:

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Just flashed BionicBlu over SDv4.5 everything looks great and runs smooth, except I lost my boot menu. When I hold down the power button in just restarts straight to boot animation, not even to the "dual core" screen. Any thoughts?
EDIT: I just flashed the theme without doing any clearing of cache or anything, just straight "installed .zip"

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Yonnor

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Just flashed BionicBlu over SDv4.5 everything looks great and runs smooth, except I lost my boot menu. When I hold down the power button in just restarts straight to boot animation, not even to the "dual core" screen. Any thoughts?
EDIT: I just flashed the theme without doing any clearing of cache or anything, just straight "installed .zip"

It might be due to being based on an older version of SD. I'll ask MBK if he has some spare time to put together a current version for us.

PS: If you haven't checked out the Inverted Blur Messaging that MBK did, it looks great with the TruBlu Theme

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Cool thanks for your speedy response Yonner. Ya that's what I was afraid of, I am a little OCD with my phone. An request for an update would e fantastic, I love how clean this one looks. I like to have a perfect running os. So we'll see how long I can last knowing its not perfect :)

Guess I don't really use the menu anyways, don't ever turn my phone off (don't need power off), recovery dosnt work anyways, and restart is now built in :)

Yeah I saw that looks really good, I use Handsent for the time, might have to flash the theme to tie it all together though...does that one work for v4.5?

Last edited: