Squidly Rom steps

Bigwidge

Reaction score
So I have been looking all over this thread, I cant find an exact step by step guideline to flash the squidly rom on my friends D2. I know to go to the zip file and download it on the phone, but from there do I just open Astro, put in on the base of the sd card, and install? I'm looking for a step by step form of things to tell me what to do. I know I need to use bootstrapper to make a recovery but I do that after I flash the rom, right? Am I missing anything here?

I read the main threads like the Root/Rom Class, the Main squidly 2.3.20, and the various squidly and hack threads... can somebody give me some help please?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Once you've dl'd the ROM, move it to the root of your sd card (not in a folder) and exit Astro. Do you have texts/call log you want to keep? I'll walk you through the steps :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You use bootstrap recover before flashing the rom, as that is the way you flash it. You'll bootstrap recovery and then place the zip on the root of the SD card. Then you boot in to clockwork recovery by opening bootstrap and hitting reboot recovery. Then when you're in cm recovery you will mount system and data and then instal the zip from the SD card. Iirc squids new rom does not require a wipe of data.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once you've dl'd the ROM, move it to the root of your sd card (not in a folder) and exit Astro. Do you have texts/call log you want to keep? I'll walk you through the steps :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Actually this one doesn't require a wipe. That's why I recommend it to first time flashers. Very easy.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks alot guys, I'll post here again if I have any issues

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Do I open Bootstrap recovery and through that place the Zip on the root of the card? Or do I go through Astro?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Place it on the root of the card in astro. Then open bootstrap and hit bootstrap recover and wait for it to say success. Then hit reboot recovery.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's done through Astro (as mentioned above). Wasn't aware of the "no wipe required" aspect of Squidlymandingo's ROM! I'd still make a backup first!

Do I open Bootstrap recovery and through that place the Zip on the root of the card? Or do I go through Astro?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

Place it on the root of the card in astro. Then open bootstrap and hit bootstrap recover and wait for it to say success. Then hit reboot recovery.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's done through Astro (as mentioned above). Wasn't aware of the "no wipe required" aspect of Squidlymandingo's ROM! I'd still make a backup first!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Backup indeeeeeed! Sorry I forgot.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so place it on the root. Then bootstrap recovery and then reboot recovery. Once in cm use the volume rockers as scroll buttons the power button as the back button and the camera button as the enter button. Scroll down to backup /restore and choose to make a backup. After the backup finishes reboot the phone. Then reboot recovery again and scroll down to mounts and storage and mount system and data (when they're mounted it will say unmount data or unmount system and data may already be mounted) then go down to installed zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card and find squids rom and install it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the help, we are having an issue downloading the file, for some reason when I try to download the Stock squidly the download stops about 2% in

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 but, rebooting after backup is finished isn't necessary.

Ok so place it on the root. Then bootstrap recovery and then reboot recovery. Once in cm use the volume rockers as scroll buttons the power button as the back button and the camera button as the enter button. Scroll down to backup /restore and choose to make a backup. After the backup finishes reboot the phone. Then reboot recovery again and scroll down to mounts and storage and mount system and data (when they're mounted it will say unmount data or unmount system and data may already be mounted) then go down to installed zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card and find squids rom and install it.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 but, rebooting after backup is finished isn't necessary.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

I suggest rebooting after making a backup to solidify that it is an important seperate opperation. I layed the steps out once for someone and they ended up doing the backup after flashing the rom because they weren't paying attention to the order and that left them with no stock backup.

tappin and a talkin