Squidly Rom steps

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot in to recovery again and flash the zip again. Make sure the system is mounted and pay attention to all of the text that scrolls above the progress bar and look for any sort of error message.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
I am thinking that the mounting may be the issue...We might have hit something wrong

It is saying
"Cannot open/SD card/update.zip (no such file or directory) "
after we hit Mount/storage
then the Install Zip option

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's odd I have never seen That. So system is mounted and then you go to install zip and then choose zip and it slits that out?

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Honestly I think it was an error on my part, I think we downloaded the wrong file, trying this again with the real file... I think I installed the fix the first time instead of the full rom.

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
Okay we installed the new ROM, I'm going to check the phone info to see if it says squigly...

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
It worked!! We are checking out the new features now, he really likes this rom! thanks alot Spaz for ALL of your help!

OP
B

Bigwidge

Reaction score
So after we flashed the rom we dont have any contacts, and the bar on the bottom that has 3 shortcuts has the left one blank and it says "LAB" in really small print. Does anyone know how to get my contacts back and fix the shortcut bar?

Mike55

Reaction score
Is there a reason to not have the file in a folder? I usually just put mine in the downloaded folder and then just flash it from that.

event121

Reaction score
So after we flashed the rom we dont have any contacts, and the bar on the bottom that has 3 shortcuts has the left one blank and it says "LAB" in really small print. Does anyone know how to get my contacts back and fix the shortcut bar?

That is a launcher - probably LauncherPro or ADW. It is your "desktop" and your contacts can be found by pressing the middle button on the screen to open your "app drawer" - look for an app called "Contacts"

Is there a reason to not have the file in a folder? I usually just put mine in the downloaded folder and then just flash it from that.

It doesn't matter. I always save file in a folder and flash from there.

Blabomb

Reaction score
Alright I am in need of help installing squidly's ROM. I have never done this before and I don't even know where to start. I tried to follow this thread but I don't even know where to download the ROM to begin. If somebody could walk me through it or link me to a guide it would be greatly appreciated.

lawson1603

Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!! I installed the squid rom did the steps rebooted and all it does tryies to boot but stops and restarts over and over again ????