changing roms

thebird36

Reaction score
I am currently rooted and have the squidly ROM on i'm looking to try out some other roms to see if i like em im looking to try out the new unleashed 3.0 and the new fission ROMs. Exactly what would i need to do to change the ROMs, would i need to SBF or just restore a nandroid (which i have)?

wmnomore

Reaction score
You should only need to sbf if your phone is stuck and unable to return to recovery.
You restore nandroids to return to a previous rom that you saved.

There should be instructions in the first post of each rom telling you how to install. Follow closely.

Has anyone used Team Black Hat's rom on the D2? I was thinking about getting it (1.99), but I would be ticked if there wasn't any roms for us. Looks like many DX comments in the market app.

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
so as i asked b4 do i need to sbf or use a nandroid to return to stock b4 putting on another ROM? lol i just want to be on the safe side and not all ROMs tell you about coming from previous ROMs

karnovaran

Reaction score
I would SBF to ensure you have a clean system. ROM flashing on the D2 doesn't clean up the extras custom ROMs put on your system partition, so you'd likely have leftover items that may get in the way.

My advice would be to SBF to clean and then nandroid backup your stock system so you can just use that in the future instead of SBFing again.

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
Well I do have a nandroid of my stock I believe cause I did a clear and wipe data and cache about 3 weeks ago and I think I did a factory reset from the clockwork mod

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
Yeah I did a factory reset through clockwork I just checked on clockwork to make sure there was a factory reset

OP
thebird36

thebird36

Reaction score
Is a factory reset good enough or should I sbf?

trook

Reaction score
I always just nandroid back to my stock rooted setup and then flash the new rom, I don't even wipe. Now, if I have bugs or other issues, then I wipe and reinstall the new rom. Just make sure you have the sbf ready to go just incase and someone correct me if I'm wrong please but if your stock rooted nandroid is on the old 2.2.20 don't flash back to that one or you will have to sbf.