Spb shell 3d

rumblee1

Reaction score
I really loved this launcher but it REALLY. Slowed down my bionic. After a day of use, I had to uninstall. The devs were good enough to refund. However I can't stop thinking about it. I really would like to hear from any of you that have it on your bionic and are NOT having lag issues. Also would like to hear from anybody that would have an idea as to what would have caused this lag. It mostly happened when I was doing something on my phone and went to go back to my home screen. It just took a very long time about 4-5 seconds. I know that doesn't seem long but it is for a dual core phone. The minute I uninstalled, NO MORE LAG. If you have ideas, let me know as I'd love to get it back. Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thetingster

Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad experience with SPB Shell 3D. I have purchased it but simply don't use it because it lacks some ability to customize. I kept it because it looks beautiful! I switched back to it a minute ago and everything runs smooth and clean. It took 5-6 seconds to load the first time and I suspect if it gets kicked out of memory by an app that's probably the same amount of time for it to load again, upon press of a home key. Personally I think it has more eye-candy than functionality.

Mmracing

Reaction score
No issues here. Not sure what could be causing your lag.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you using any other replacement launchers? Do they lag? Maybe it was just fluke at the time...I have ran SPB on my newer phones but it is always smooth, no lag.

deduct

Reaction score
I use it and it does take a little longer to exit an app than other launchers. The longest it has ever taken was a full second though. It is a beautiful launcher. I go between spb, launcher pro, and moto blur.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC