Giving up on spb shell 3d.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I really wanted this launcher to work. But it's slowing my bionic down to a crawl. Litterally. If I'm in an app, it takes as long as half a minute from when I hit the home button for my phone to get there. It's got to be the launcher not playing nice with something on bionic. When I use the stock or go launcher ex, bionic flies with 0 lag.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I love the app... My wife still uses it on her Bionic! I'd say, reset and install it first. Add apps slowly till you find the one conflict then decide from there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah, I wouldn't blame it on SPB Shell just yet, the best thing to do is think back to when it started and try to remove any apps or undo settings you might have made around the time...

I used GO Launcher for a year, and 95% of the time was lag free; however, once I REALLY got into my Bionic, and had maybe 200 apps on there, it definitely would show. To load the app drawer if it hadn't been opened in awhile took almost 2 minutes usually, and then the screens would be laggy for another minute or so afterward. Very annoying, but I think the system just get's bogged down.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well I uninstalled, then reinstalled. Did apps one at a time. It was a bit faster for a few minutes. Then back to lag. Funny thing is I installed it on my old DROID X, it runs faster on that than bionic with same exact apps installed. I guess I'll just stay with go launcher ex. That's like lightning fast. I won't ask for a refund though because maybe it'll be better when I upgrade to a faster phone next year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well the issue is clearly not with the phone's speed, there's something else bogging it down. Hard to say what, might even be a faulty phone, but I assure you...the Bionic is more than powerful enough to run it with 0 lag, there are plenty of testimonials online about this...not to mention you said it runs fine on your X. I don't blame you for giving up, but just don't blame the phone's hardware, because that's definitely not where the problem is...unless it's defective or something.