SPB Shell 3D

OP
Infiniti87

Infiniti87

Reaction score
A quick question for those who have had success with the SBP launcher on there bionic. What home screen launcher app are your using and any important steps to mention? I have downloaded the shell from android market but it becomes stuck when loading. SPB tech support states that the shell has'nt been tested on the bionic so I thought I'd ask those who have had success. Thaks for any help

SPB shell is a home launcher. When you say it gets stuck when loading, what do u mean by that? Does it get stuck downloading or when u try and open it on the phone? I would try uninstalling and rebooting your phone and trying again. It loaded just fine for me and ran great. Let me know if that works or not and we'll go from there.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

crxlvr

Reaction score
i had it running on my og droid droid for awhile and i liked it alot. i agree it needs to have more options available, and im not sure if i installed it properly on that phone, but if i hit home twice it would kick me back out to the launcherpro launcher.

JDROIDS

Reaction score
I bought it. I like it alot but for the price it should have icon packs. No way to change the icons. Great, smooth launcher with cool 3D effects but I would like it more if it were 3.99 or something like that. I like to customize my icons so I am now running Launcher Pro on my Bionic with the Liberty test ROM 46. Smooth. When themes come out for more ROMS on the Bionic I will probably start running SPB Shell again.

I had no issue running or installing it on my Bionic. Try using home switcher from the Market.

Tegamal

Reaction score
It looks incredible, but paying $15 for a Launcher is ridiculous! Not to mention, to get the best idea of them, you need to play with them at least an hour. The 15 minute refund window is way too short. Why did they change that from 24 hours, anyway?

Mondingo

Reaction score
I don't understand why it does not work on yours. It works fine on my Bionic.. I love it..Just wish it had more customization..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Im really thinking of getting this now. How is it on the battery? The only thing holding me back is right now with no widget use on my phone I only use a total of 3 pages of the 5.

mechamanbearpig

Reaction score
SPB shell is a home launcher. When you say it gets stuck when loading, what do u mean by that? Does it get stuck downloading or when u try and open it on the phone? I would try uninstalling and rebooting your phone and trying again. It loaded just fine for me and ran great. Let me know if that works or not and we'll go from there.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

Thanks for your response, and help. I can sucessfully download and install the launcher but when I hit home button it states the shell is loading. It will either not load or or time out and force close. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the shell several times as well as trying to reinstall after rebooting like you suggested. Thanks again for your help.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Thanks to this thread, I've installed SPB on my Inc 2. Y'all aren't kidding. This is beautiful. Really shows off a phone. And as far as I can tell, seeing no detrimental hits on battery at all.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Also I read somewhere they do or use to have a free 14day trial on the website

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I just looked in the market. It says 100,000 + downloads. Even at $10 they made around 1 mill already. Time to drop the price.

BigRedGonzo

Reaction score
I've install SPB Shell 3D and love it. The iPhone fans at the office are definitely jealous!!

@Mechamanbearpig - IDK what is going on with your phone, but it installed fine for me. You might want to check some of the other stuff you have installed, sometimes apps don't play well together. I have an app that I use all the time, but quite frequently, if I install something else, I have to uninstall it an reinstall. I keep pounding on the developer about it. I like it too much to give it up.

@Dudeitsmattx - One of the really nifty capabilities of SBP Shell is that you can add (or remove) up to 20 panels. So you can have as many or as few as you would like.

BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo

Reaction score
Fyi

For you that have this installed and don't know about this...Go to the carousel and just watch. It will (on its own) move from one panel to the next and if you have one of their supplied widgets installed, it will animate the widget. It's pretty slick.

BigRedGonzo

mechamanbearpig

Reaction score
@ bigredgonzo IDk what is wrong with it either lol. I tried unistalling every app on the device and then loading the launcher after a reboot with no luck? WTF is goin on lol. SPB support told me to clear data and defaults on motoblur but those options are greyed out and not selectable?
Anyways thanks alot for the recommendation.

Monkey74

Reaction score
The app it's good, like a few here have stated, it's over priced. The reason why I got it it's because I got 3 phones in my house so I don't feel so bad about it.

It needs a lot of work still, it would be nice to be able to customize the icons, resize them and all that.

My opinion, the app can be better and hope they work on it. I wouldn't have paid $15 if it was only one phone.