Sooo are you happy with your G2????

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok I am two days in and I am still pretty impressed with the G2. It has taken everything I have thrown at it in stride. No lagging. No glitches. No loss of signal except in a known dead area. I have resorted to using Apex again just for the folder icon customization. The stock keyboard is everywhere as good as Swiftkey. Still love the customizing options without root. The stock font choices are a breath of fresh air over the ones Sammy offers.

I did have a chance to compare my G2 to a friend's S4. Speed test where pretty close, though my upload speeds where almost double. Quadrant scores, though I don't put much merit into were a different story. The S4 pulled around a 12k and the G2 over 17k. That is quite a difference.

Being one that usually hates fluff and prefers close to stock Android the add-ons are really nice. It negates the need for many 3rd party apps. Especially the SMS program. I never used a task manager but I find when using the recently used app feature it is right there and so easy to use it is hard not to. The quick launch apps on the lock screen are pretty nice too. And though it is a small feature tap on and tap off is one of my favorites. And the rear buttons make taking pics so much easier and keeps them out of the way. Especially when using my car mount. No squeezing of the volume button.

Ons big thing I have noticed is the apparent need for 2GB of RAM on newer devices. Even with zero apps running it shows only have 1GB of the available RAM available. That would explain the lag in 1-2 year old devices.

The screen I can't say enough about. It is flat out gorgeous. When I put it side to side with the S4 it was a big difference.

One thing that really surprised me is since I picked up the G2 I have seen several TV spots for it. Both for VZW and just fir the device alone. Good to see a little promotion. Maybe this is the one that will give the S4 a run for it's money. Can you say sleeper hit?

Tap'd from my G2

Last edited:

jasonbeth1022

Reaction score
After 2 days at work in my signal killing building i can report back after 9 hour work days with moderate use and signal going in and out i am
still at about 60 % battery when i leave work to go home.
So i am going to have to say i am happy with it .

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Well my s4 pissed me off again today (dropped calls and not receiving texts). As I stated before I work in a week signal area and I am sick of the reception I get with the s4. I pulled the trigger and ordered the G2 today. I hope the signal is better than the s4 and it sounds like it is. I've owned Motorola phones and they worked well in my bad signal area. Looking forward to the G2.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Maybe I've been lucky but my s4 signal strength has been great. Way better then my s3 was. And as good as my Moto x.

Galaxy S4!!!

mattjenn

Reaction score
I live in weak signal area my G2 is better then my Motorola phones for signal and call quality

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Looks like my experience is reinforced now, the G2 really does have a better radio.

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I live in weak signal area my G2 is better then my Motorola phones for signal and call quality

Good to hear that. I will post my results on Monday. Phone comes tomorrow. I will report back and let my personal experience be known. If it doesn't work out I will return the g2 and try the Droid maxx. I'm hoping this lg surprises me...

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Well I got my phone Saturday and so far I'm liking it. I've been using it at work over the last couple days and I'm happy to say that the reception in the weak signal area is better than my Galaxy S4. Its not a totally huge improvement but it is a very noticeable improvement. It definitely makes texting and phone calls less frustrating. I'm still trying to get used to the buttons on the back....... I'm really disappointed in the lack of cases available but I did order a diztronic matte black case from Amazon. So I will update with a review on the case when it arrives. I will say that I am going to keep this phone and sell the S4. I think the build quality is better and the camera is the best I've used on a smartphone. Overall I think LG did a good job. I also am using nova launcher and it is very very smooth.

JKZ

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in the lack of cases available but I did order a diztronic matte black case from Amazon. So I will update with a review on the case when it arrives.

I've got the same diztronic case for mine. I think you'll like it, it fits really well and doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all. The best part is, no fingerprints on the back anymore!

I've also got the Incipio Feather case which I really like too. It's even thinner than the diztronic and I really like the feel of it. The only down side is that it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection. The diztronic protects the corners and edges a little more. They are both very thin though.

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I've got the same diztronic case for mine. I think you'll like it, it fits really well and doesn't add much bulk to the phone at all. The best part is, no fingerprints on the back anymore!

I've also got the Incipio Feather case which I really like too. It's even thinner than the diztronic and I really like the feel of it. The only down side is that it doesn't offer a whole lot of protection. The diztronic protects the corners and edges a little more. They are both very thin though.

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking about the Incipio feather also. Which one do you use/like better?

Thanks, Ken

JKZ

Reaction score
I actually prefer the feel and look of the feather. It feels a little less slippery to me and it is so thin it really looks good. However, I use the diztronic most of the time just for the little bit of extra protection it offers. I'm really torn between the two. I like them both for different reasons. They both fit great and are good quality.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Thanks to HJ and others for the great information on this thread. I'm currently looking at the G2 and N3 as a replacemeent for my Rezound. Hoping the G2 sells better than the Rezound which was the sleeper hit of its day. The awesome screen & great camera sold me on the Rezound years ago & looks like the g2 doesn't disappoint in those areas. Signal strength is also a concern because I travel through some very rural areas, so it sounds like that is a win for the g2 over the n3 as well.

I'm itching to try both phones because I'm sure I will like the multitasking on the n3 but am unsure on the stylus. As a work phone its going to be a tough choice: better productivity of the n3 or better camera & signal on the g2. Arrgggg.

What sucks is that our local LameRizon store has neither model for review. All they care about is selling droids which ticks me off to no end and is so d@#n unprofessional.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I bought the feather too because I needed something in a pinch. Like the looks and feel. I have the silver and it compliments the looks of the phone very well. I will eventually get a Diztronics TPU once they start making high gloss versions for the G2. I have had them on several devices and the bang for the buck can't be beat. The only thing I do not like is the non gloss version are hard to keep a grip on. And unfortunately that is all they have available right now.

The more I look for cases the more it ticks me off that VZW decided to change the button style from the other three carriers. Most companies don't seem to want to bother making a specific case for one single carrier and instead have focused on the other three. Which are the same.

acousticshade

Reaction score
I bought the feather too because I needed something in a pinch. Like the looks and feel. I have the silver and it compliments the looks of the phone very well. I will eventually get a Diztronics TPU once they start making high gloss versions for the G2. I have had them on several devices and the bang for the buck can't be beat. The only thing I do not like is the non gloss version are hard to keep a grip on. And unfortunately that is all they have available right now.

The more I look for cases the more it ticks me off that VZW decided to change the button style from the other three carriers. Most companies don't seem to want to bother making a specific case for one single carrier and instead have focused on the other three. Which are the same.

Good God, seriously? Big red changed the buttons?! Sometimes they do some incredibly stupid things.

The two things that concern me with this phone are lack of updates and accessories. A good case seems a must for this phone with the crappy back it has. Hopefully they have something unobtrusive that I like.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Good God, seriously? Big red changed the buttons?! Sometimes they do some incredibly stupid things.

The two things that concern me with this phone are lack of updates and accessories. A good case seems a must for this phone with the crappy back it has. Hopefully they have something unobtrusive that I like.

Ah yup. Leave it to Big Red to eff up a good thing. The one on the right is VZW. The one on the right is AT&T, Sprint and T-Mo.

As far as updates I was worried at first. But until apps get way beyond the reach of compatibility of a particular version of the OS it should not be a problem. This is a flagship device for LG. I really hope they treat it as such and not let it lag behind.

20130911_121006.jpg

Last edited: