Sony Officially Unveiled the PlayStation 4

Phreaker47

Reaction score

Lawl.

Yeah, earlier, I read something about how the XB1 (will this be its "cool acronym"? heh) will have "TV achievements", and the example given was that the kinect might recognize you are doing yoga and then award you an achievement for that.

They seemed really proud of this and trumpeted how "exclusive" this is.

It seems the roles are entirely reversed since the last gen reveal as far as who the joke is.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Lawl.

Yeah, earlier, I read something about how the XB1 (will this be its "cool acronym"? heh) will have "TV achievements", and the example given was that the kinect might recognize you are doing yoga and then award you an achievement for that.

They seemed really proud of this and trumpeted how "exclusive" this is.

It seems the roles are entirely reversed since the last gen reveal as far as who the joke is.

XB1
Xbone
Xone (zone)

I'll take XB1 :p

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

tc1

Reaction score
I AM a xbox fan boy....... Until they showed the direction they are going with the xbox one.

Many things wrong with it from forcing you to have a kinect attached, the the whole used game scheme, they have really gotten to full of themselves.

I think Sony may be the winner this time around.

Anomander

Reaction score
I AM a xbox fan boy....... Until they showed the direction they are going with the xbox one.

Many things wrong with it from forcing you to have a kinect attached, the the whole used game scheme, they have really gotten to full of themselves.

I think Sony may be the winner this time around.
I don't mind the Kinect being attached (already have one here). Hell not even that upset with the DRM, but totally hate how they have it implemented. I think if they would have followed the Steam model I would have been more then willing to buy this damn near day 1. But with the needing to connect every 24 hours, that is making me reconsider getting it all together.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a PS3, it's literally a Blue Ray player! I never use it for anything else, ever. haha

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I have a PS3, it's literally a Blue Ray player! I never use it for anything else, ever. haha

You're missing out on some amazing exclusives, but to each their own.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

tc1

Reaction score
I don't mind the Kinect being attached (already have one here). Hell not even that upset with the DRM, but totally hate how they have it implemented. I think if they would have followed the Steam model I would have been more then willing to buy this damn near day 1. But with the needing to connect every 24 hours, that is making me reconsider getting it all together.

I have a kinect also, although I rarely use it.

And the DRM/used games thing... I think the pirated games must be a tiny tiny fraction of gamers I have never heard or seen a pirated xbox 360 game.

They make tons and tons of money off of $60 plus tax games, it's a billion dollar industry. Most worthwhile semi new games are only about 10 bucks cheaper anyways.

I don't like the idea of forcing on us, from what I understand the xbox one will not function without it connected.

Just comes off as ultra greedy and arrogant.