No PSPhone Here But Sony Has An App For That

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
playstation-app.jpg

We have seen many stories of the rumored Sony Ericsson PlayStation phone, well now Sony just gave us a little something to feed our simplest needs. The application is made for not only us Android users, but iPhone people alike. The application is simple a PlayStation Network(PSN) client in the sense that it only allows you to view information and edit certain things. Sorry if you anticipated a new gaming platform for Android, this is not it, but let’s keep our hopes up that rumors of Sony putting something together for Android 3.0 might come true.

Here are the features the application has to offer:

Check out your PlayStation Network trophies and keep up to date with your friends’ games and online status.
Discover all the latest games, news and hardware for your PlayStation 3, PSP and PlayStation 2.
Read all the announcements on the European PlayStation.Blog.
Share your favorite products or news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail.

Sony says you should expect the software in the market “very soon” for any Android devices running version 1.6 or later. The app will primarily be available in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands, with additional markets to follow.

Any PlayStation users like myself here? Anyone planning to give this application a try when Sony finally releases it?

News via: BGR

Batman8

Reaction score
No way!!!! I am a serious gamer who has owned almost every console and hand held to hit the market over the last almost 30 years and I will NOT be supporting Sony anymore on the hand held front.

I have 2 modified PSPs, along with a PSOne, PS2, and PS3 (and of course Microsoft products too etc., but we're not talking about those right now). Every since the release of the notorious PSPGo I have stopped supporting Sony. That system showed that they didn't give a damn about supporting all of their current loyal customers when it was NOT UMD game compatible, UMD Movie Compatible, could not use the 3 extra PSP batteries that I have, has a smaller screen, cost more money than the bigger models, and can only get games via slow ass downloads (which also means that an internet connection is MANDATORY!).

I have since then started playing all hand held games on my Droid 1 and now on my Droid-X which has the same size screen as the original PSP!! The HD titles especially play just as good as the PSP, have nice controls, allows me to now carry only one multi-functional device that runs thousands of apps, gets an internet connection anywhere, AND IT MAKES PHONE CALLS! So "Goodbye PSP" and Hello Android.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
You're right. They shouldn't have forced you to buy a PSPGO. Shame on Sony.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You're right. They shouldn't have forced you to buy a PSPGO. Shame on Sony.
lmao how does tha PSP device fit in with an official PSN app FOR ANDROID...i mean theyre both playstation but i dont get it lol

Reaction score
No way!!!! I am a serious gamer who has owned almost every console and hand held to hit the market over the last almost 30 years and I will NOT be supporting Sony anymore on the hand held front.

I have 2 modified PSPs, along with a PSOne, PS2, and PS3 (and of course Microsoft products too etc., but we're not talking about those right now). Every since the release of the notorious PSPGo I have stopped supporting Sony. That system showed that they didn't give a damn about supporting all of their current loyal customers when it was NOT UMD game compatible, UMD Movie Compatible, could not use the 3 extra PSP batteries that I have, has a smaller screen, cost more money than the bigger models, and can only get games via slow ass downloads (which also means that an internet connection is MANDATORY!).

I have since then started playing all hand held games on my Droid 1 and now on my Droid-X which has the same size screen as the original PSP!! The HD titles especially play just as good as the PSP, have nice controls, allows me to now carry only one multi-functional device that runs thousands of apps, gets an internet connection anywhere, AND IT MAKES PHONE CALLS! So "Goodbye PSP" and Hello Android.

If you are a "serious" gamer, as you say are, then you would know that the PSP Go was not designed for you. It was designed for the casual gamer that does not want to keep track of a bunch of UMD cases and accessories. That is why they released the 3000 series PSPs.

Your response to the OP is ridiculous. You should think before you talk.

As a lotal Sony customer, that knows the products that I use, I'm ecstatic that Sony is pushing an official PSN app to the Android OS. I can't wait to see where they go from here. :icon_ banana:

Joker

Reaction score
This sounds great. However, I don't see the US listed as one of the initial markets, will we be one of the additional markets to follow?

riko540

Reaction score
I've have been looking for an app just like this. Its about time Sony.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reopening thread. I want to remind everyone that flaming will not be tolerated in the Drioid Forums. If I see anymore flaming or being disrespectful we will issue a 30 day ban.

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will check it out, but I am jailbroken via D1 so I'm not really into PSN anymore